Bruery Societies 2017 Allocations/Discussion Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coldstorage

Reaction score
giphy.gif

Stole ABSTRACTlegend thunder and his gif too,
...or relieved him of the burden of being a known Bruery supporter..
......you be the judge.

Anyways, Pick up for 2017 packages started yesterday.

Hoarders:
Welcome to 2017!
Starting today, your initial package - featuring included beers and merchandise - is ready for pickup or delivery. Learn more about what's included in the initial package below, as well as how to go about getting your hands on it.

In addition, we're excited to roll out enhancements to Society Member Mondays in 2017, including a new Passport program. Take a look!

YOUR INITIAL PACKAGE
Initial package pickups begin today, Monday, January 2. In fact, from January 2 through January 8, we will only be fulfilling initial package pickups for Reserve and Hoarders Society members in the Society Fulfillment Center.

You'll see an order pushed through this morning (dated Monday, January 2), indicating which included beers and merchandise are ready for pickup or delivery.

The initial package includes the following:

10 BEERS*
Rue D'Floyd (3 bottles)
Mash & French Toast (3 bottles)
Befuddlement (2 bottles)
Room for More (2 bottles)

HOARDERS SOCIETY BRANDED
Custom Walnut Bottle Opener
Pair of Custom Bottle Stoppers
Pair of Schott Zwiesel 29.8 oz. Snifters
Commemorative Pin
6-Bottle Tote Bag
Stickers
2017 Passport

2017 Passport

There is a passport this year that you get stamped on SMM and if you go to all of them you get to eat cheese with PMR.
People on the other board are already asking if they can get a second stamp when they pick up the passport (lolllllllll)

Details from email:
YOUR PASSPORT TO SOCIETY MEMBER MONDAY
During an allocations period, you’ll find many of the beers on tap in The Bruery Tasting Room and Bruery Terreux Tasting Room, especially on the first Monday of the month, which we call Society Member Monday. On these member-only days in 2017, we close down our Bruery Terreux Tasting Room and remain open exclusively to you. And in 2017, you can bring a guest.

It’s a great opportunity to sample the latest allocations, meet our staff and fellow members. We hope you can swing by during our normal business hours on a Society Member Monday to taste our latest releases. And, we hope you swing by every time we do, because there’s something special in it for you.

Each time you visit, you’ll get a stamp in your Passport. Every time you get two stamps, you’ll be treated to limited Society merchandise. Take a look:

2 stamps:
Bottle Stopper

4 stamps:
Engraved Wooden Coaster

6 stamps:
Leather Tulip Keychain

8 stamps:
Black Tuesday pin and early entry to 2017 Black Tuesday Release Party (ticket purchase required)

10 stamps:
A guided, intimate, private beer and cheese tasting event with our founder and CEO, Patrick Rue and a cheesemonger.

I actually want the BT pin :(

Last edited:
Hottenroth? Why? I bought a case of that every year? $7/750ml all day man, my favorite beer 4x4 dirt road soda. . .

Now I have to spend double that on Frucht? This is frucht man.

NOTHING IS FRUCHT!!!?!!? THE GOD DAMN PLANE HAS CRASHED INTO THE MOUNTAIN!!!
Brother you aint kidden....

Im so guilty of not buying enough Hottenroth. It was one of those berliners I could walk around taking to the face with a bottle in each hand and when empty, could reach for more without stumbling. I took it for granted that I could buy more whenever I wanted by just logging on their website.

Last year's announcement of the Frucht series got me so excited, but that was all for nothing. None of the Frucht beers deliver in the way Hottenroth has.

Didn't they just rename hottenroth as Fredrick H? Pretty sure its the same beer but im only half paying attention

Didn't they just rename hottenroth as Fredrick H? Pretty sure its the same beer but im only half paying attention

You got me excited so I looked it up to confirm.

Thats a big negative on them being the same beer. It sounds like the beer might start out as good old Hottenroth but then it gets the foeder treatment which means it will get the foeder price increase as well as whatever acidity all those frucht beers have that I dont care for.

Thats a big negative on them being the same beer. It sounds like the beer might start out as good old Hottenroth but then it gets the foeder treatment which means it will get the foeder price increase as well as whatever acidity all those frucht beers have that I dont care for.

Whoops! Sorry.

Yeah ppl have been bugging out about the frucht stuff but seems a one dimensional reflux hell to this codger.

I still like a lot of bruery but find myself drinking less of it for a handful of reasons. As a result I opened up my RS allocations to local pals for '16 and they bought so much I got the HS invite. I was thinking I wouldn't renew for '17 but the opportunity so smash $800 on my CC was too much to pass up.

Sucker born every minute?

They are in two separate Foeders. One for Frucht and a second for Fredrick H.

Brother you aint kidden....

Im so guilty of not buying enough Hottenroth. It was one of those berliners I could walk around taking to the face with a bottle in each hand and when empty, could reach for more without stumbling. I took it for granted that I could buy more whenever I wanted by just logging on their website.

Last year's announcement of the Frucht series got me so excited, but that was all for nothing. None of the Frucht beers deliver in the way Hottenroth has.
This is why I'm glad I managed to hoard a bunch of Hottenroth bottles

I know I can check back with the email, but man I wish they had a section on the site or in the allocation email today with what we're getting in the first package. Why do they have to make things more difficult?

I know I can check back with the email, but man I wish they had a section on the site or in the allocation email today with what we're getting in the first package. Why do they have to make things more difficult?

It use to list in the email as "you will be getting X bottles of this". Maybe they just skipped that this allocation period. But yeah, I had the order open for the initial 10 bottles just to see what I was getting since I need to either cut back on bottles purchased or drastically increase beer consumption.

The initial package includes the following:

10 BEERS*
Rue D'Floyd (3 bottles)
Mash & French Toast (3 bottles)
Befuddlement (2 bottles)
Room for More (2 bottles)

Last edited:
Also slightly helpful, but (now I hope you're sitting down for this) I don't always have Cold Storage's post up on my computer when reviewing Bruery Society Emails.

WHOA.

I know.

I know.

As reaper said in a previous post (see above) they used to include that information in the aforementioned email. Silly to continue to expect it to be there I know, but hey sometimes I take a few times to learn a lesson.

Also slightly helpful, but (now I hope you're sitting down for this) I don't always have Cold Storage's post up on my computer when reviewing Bruery Society Emails.

WHOA.

I know.

I know.
I was simply answering your question with a succinct, available answer.

Last edited:
As reaper said in a previous post (see above) they used to include that information in the aforementioned email. Silly to continue to expect it to be there I know, but hey sometimes I take a few times to learn a lesson.

I just want a detailed Order History with a picked up / not picked up flag attached to them like before.

is Rue d'Floyd smoky at all (and I mean AT ALL)? the "charred" and "scorched" in the description make me nervous....

same software used by wineries for their mailing list allocations.

I don't recall the first batch to be smokey at all and I'm pretty sensitive to that, but no idea about this one.

I guess some dude on BA opened a #326 last week and said it was fine. But there's no way anyone in their right mind would have drank the beer that was in the bottles I opened last night. Ah well.

B6PTj7m.jpg

This is my first go round as a member of any kind, and I bought a Reserve membership. I was not expecting this many beers this quickly lol, already bought enough to fill a 12 shipper.

This is my first go round as a member of any kind, and I bought a Reserve membership. I was not expecting this many beers this quickly lol, already bought enough to fill a 12 shipper.

And September - November tend to be the expensive months

I guess some dude on BA opened a #326 last week and said it was fine. But there's no way anyone in their right mind would have drank the beer that was in the bottles I opened last night. Ah well.

B6PTj7m.jpg

Have you contacted them? Im curious why I have not seen/heard them responding to these negative claims. I have 3 bottles, same batch you have pictured. The one I drank ~2 months ago was great but I have not had it since.

Back