Bruery Stepping up their game this year?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ridglens

Reaction score
Ok, so i can't tell if the Bruery is really stepping it up this year... I mean, i think their sours are getting much better (remember mother funker?! now we have SitR with Peaches, Griffon, and some other great stuff coming soon) and i think their beers that used to just fill-ins between BT and variants, M3, and the anniversary beers are now awesome sounding things like melange 8 and Mash n Grind....

So my question is, do others feel like this? Or is my feeble mind/fanboyism just trying to justify soloing hoarders society :/ haha

I agree. I've been wanting to max allocation pretty much every time this year, and that def wasn't the case last year

i really don't, except for what people who have tasted them before have said... time will tell i suppose

I am gun shy on buying more than 2 or 3 in the blind when the limits are set at 10 and 12 bottles for their sours. Clearly they made a bunch to set limits that high and chances are the leftovers will go out for sale again next month.

I am sitting here openly trying to convince myself how much to buy. The fellow I split my membership with wants less than I do (which is a first.) As much as mother funker was a pain to consume, sour in the rye is a gem. So SITR and any/all variations seem like a no-brainer to max. For some reason though, i have this random gut feeling that this blueberry sour will (God Forbid) be like a base of mother funker with blueberries or their other golden sour with strawberries (itchybuttigo) which was even worse...

For some reason though, i have this random gut feeling that this blueberry sour will (God Forbid) be like a base of mother funker with blueberries or their other golden sour with strawberries (itchybuttigo) which was even worse...
I am hoping it's going to be more like Sans Pagaie, which I thought was quite delicious this year.

Their sours are definitely getting better. They have a new guy in charge of the barrel aging right?

I agree with you Ridgley. I think the latest Oude Tart was their best yet.

And I think I still have a bottle or two of Mother Funker...would be happy to give them to you. Otherwise my wife is going to use them to try and get the rest of this old paint of the table we are trying to refinish.

I agree with you Ridgley. I think the latest Oude Tart was their best yet.

And I think I still have a bottle or two of Mother Funker...would be happy to give them to you. Otherwise my wife is going to use them to try and get the rest of this old paint of the table we are trying to refinish.
Mother Funker makes great pickles.

Desperately in search of an El Harmoondo opinion on these brews and how bad my wallet needs to be hulk smashed this time around.
Sour in the rye w kumquat was the star of last years initiation party, hands down.
Can't comment on the barleywines.
Have not yet had the blueberry, unfortunately, as work is keeping me all kinds of hours lately.

Sour in the rye w kumquat was the star of last years initiation party, hands down.
Can't comment on the barleywines.
Have not yet had the blueberry, unfortunately, as work is keeping me all kinds of hours lately.

That is ******** Harmonydondo. If I was your boss, I would call for a mandatory extended lunch break for science.

I pretty much have my mind made up on the Cumonmyquads version. The barleywines are set at limit small enough that i am just going to limit out on them. Its this Blueberry one that im dead in the water on. Do I get 1 or 2 and hate myself if I really like it. Do I play it safe and get 3-4 or just go all out and **** my couch with 10.

I beg you, we need help making up our minds. There are only 10 days left to make a purchase (or 23 email/facebook reminders if you follow along that way.)

That is ******** Harmonydondo. If I was your boss, I would call for a mandatory extended lunch break for science.

I pretty much have my mind made up on the Cumonmyquads version. The barleywines are set at limit small enough that i am just going to limit out on them. Its this Blueberry one that im dead in the water on. Do I get 1 or 2 and hate myself if I really like it. Do I play it safe and get 3-4 or just go all out and **** my couch with 10.

I beg you, we need help making up our minds. There are only 10 days left to make a purchase (or 23 email/facebook reminders if you follow along that way.)

I'm right there with you... my solution: i just got one... save the money and hope the high limits/RS only will keep them on for a bit and i can get more if i need them haha...

I'm right there with you... my solution: i just got one... save the money and hope the high limits/RS only will keep them on for a bit and i can get more if i need them haha...

I fear you are going about this all wrong.

If you dont buy and hoard as much as possible, it might show signs of weakness in the trading community. Bottles available for extended time decrease value... we need to inflate this ****. Cause some mass hysteria and ****ing pandemonium everywhere!?!?!!$$@^€ Jesus Christ, I bought into the hoarders society because I was promised one or more bottles I could purchase a case of would land me a Leoric and Don Quixote in a 1:1 trade.

I fear you are going about this all wrong.

If you dont buy and hoard as much as possible, it might show signs of weakness in the trading community. Bottles available for extended time decrease value... we need to inflate this ****. Cause some mass hysteria and ****ing pandemonium everywhere!?!?!!$$@^€ Jesus Christ, I bought into the hoarders society because I was promised one or more bottles I could purchase a case of would land me a Leoric and Don Quixote in a 1:1 trade.

Bruery RS/HS are not worth the price for tradings anymore... if you don't love the **** you are blowing a serious amount of cash for mediocre trade bait! !

I joined to save me trades, not to make them

I've managed to get some decent stuff for the HS-only beers, and CR still has some value, but yeah, it's mostly not worth it for trading.

I love it when you call me eHunnybuns. :cool:
Words of endearment aside, tell me about the ****ing golf shoes.

Did you get to try any of the sudz in question? Also adding Mash and Grind to the list of brews that im curious about getting a descriptive preview about from either the real ehunnybunz or the Mrswillwrecku.

Deadline for purchase is tomorrow me thinks. Surprised I have not received 4 notifications from the bruery today.

Back