Bullfrog Rood Bruin Release 8/27

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Avalon68

Reaction score
Basic info for the 8/27 release.

The following beers will be on sale:

Rood Bruin non-fruited - 2/person (bottled 4/9/15)
Rood Bruin Druiven rested on Merlot grapes - 1/person (bottled 10/24/14)
Rood Bruin Kriek rested on sour cherries - 1/person (bottled 10/24/14)

Each of these offerings are 100% wild-fermented, Belgian/Flanders-inspired, Flemish-style Red-Brown Soured ales, have aged three years in neutral French oak barrels, then bottle conditioned for an additional 16-23 months.

Bottles are 750ml
Price is $25.00 per bottle

Pub Club Members will be able to start purchasing bottles on Friday, August 26th, at 11AM. We will sell the allotted Pre-Sale bottles until they are gone. General Public sales will start at 10AM on Saturday, August 27th.

Brewery announcement will be posted below. It contains much more info.

Bullfrog Brewery Bottle Release Details Friday, August 26th – Pub Club member release Saturday, August 27th – General Public release

Here’s the skinny on the Beers… We’re switching gears a bit on you with this release. We will be releasing three Rood Bruin variants to the general public on August 27th and our Pub Club members August 26th, 2016. Both events will take place at our brewpub, 229 W 4th St, Williamsport, PA 17701. The bottles available for purchase are as follows:

• Rood Bruin non-fruited - 2/person (bottled 4/9/15)

• Rood Bruin Druiven rested on Merlot grapes - 1/person (bottled 10/24/14)

• Rood Bruin Kriek rested on sour cherries - 1/person (bottled 10/24/14)

(Each of these offerings are 100% wild-fermented, Belgian/Flanders-inspired, Flemish-style Red-Brown Soured ales, have aged three years in neutral French oak barrels, then bottle conditioned for an additional 16-23 months)

Dates and Times… Pub Club Members will be able to start purchasing bottles on Friday, August 26th, at 11AM. We will sell the allotted Pre-Sale bottles until they are gone. General Public sales will start at 10AM on Saturday, August 27th.

Allotments… To clarify, Pub Club Members will be able to purchase a total of 4 bottles (2 of the non-fruited, and 1 each of the fruited variants). The total cost for this allotment is $100, or $25/bottle. We have reserved 75 allotments for the Pub Club/Pre-Sale date. We have approximately 298 full allotments for the General Public Release on Saturday.

Rules… In an attempt to have the event work best for everyone, we must set some ground rules.

• You must be 21+ (Obviously!) and have a valid ID to pick up bottles.

• Cash Only - ATMs are located in the foyer of the Bullfrog, or in the Woodlands Bank next door.

• First-come, First-serve basis. No proxies allowed on pub club pre-sale day. • You may not reserve/hold bottles for pick-up.

• If you happen to be waiting in line, please be courteous and fair. Restrain from line-jumping, or evidencing deceit, trickery, or general *****ebaggery. Additionally, please pick up after yourself, and treat others as you yourself, would like to be treated.

• We discourage the consumption of alcohol outside of our licensed establishment. If you choose to anyway, it is at your own risk. Keep in mind that we are neighbors with the Williamsport Police. They have been ultra-cool during past releases…so let’s not give them an excuse not to be. Frequently asked

Questions, Concerns…

• Can I obtain a Pub Club Membership prior to the release date? Sorry, folks. In an attempt to ensure that our current, faithful members have the best opportunity possible to obtain these rare and sought after beers, we do not allow the sales of further Pub Club memberships during the days of the release.

• Can a member buy bottles during both the Pre-Sale on Friday, 8/26 & Saturday, 8/27? Yes, although our personal preference would be to allow more people access.

• Is Bottle Sharing allowed at the event? Historically, bottle sharing has been allowed in the Bullfrog during bottle release events. This practice will continue, as we feel it embodies the spirit of the craft brew movement, and builds community.

Jon's Bar and Grille on South Street (Philadelphia) will be pouring free samples of all 3 rood bruin variants on Monday evening, beginning at 5pm. They have about a case of each and will pour until they run out.

I think I'm going to drink a full set tomorrow for the pubclub release. If they are drinking good I'll be there Saturday too.

Will do! I checked untapped after the Rood Bruin tasting at Jon's bar in Philly. Most of them seemed to be well liked.

Apparently there's still Grrz left too... Wonder if there will be any left Saturday AM. How many people lined up for the last Grrz release?

Grrrz are indeed left. Homie popped a Bruin Kriek yesterday and I agree it was quite good. Went to the brewery today to pick up a set for myself and Steve poured the base Bruin from the bottle. Also quite good but still not preferred over any Grrrrz IMO. Nate invited me over to the 3rd street facility and I got to try some of the new grrrz. Be on the lookout for the next Kriek it's amazing!!

Back