Buying Lambic Online

Discussion in 'General Beer Topics' started by steinbbr, Jul 17, 2017.

1. steinbbr

steinbbr

Finally breaking down and considering ordering lambic online/emptying my bank account. I'm looking for comments on when the best time of year to place an order is based on selection. Also I'd be interested in hearing who seems to have the best selection. I did see in an earlier thread Etre just had a small release of Hommage and A&G I missed

Photekut likes this.
  2. Snarf

Snarf

3. boogercrack

boogercrack

The best time of the year to order lambic online was pre-2013.

4. SeaWatchman

SeaWatchman

Beergorrilla, HenrikO, Ziggy and 7 others like this.
  5. mjohnson17

mjohnson17

I'll bite and give you an honest, non-snarky answer. The beer world is crazy popular these days, this is no surprise. So it's not easy to find things like the lambics you're looking for just sitting online waiting to be bought. There's a few reputable sites that offer fair prices. When one of these sites put something up like Hommage, its gone in a minute or less (seriously). Even something like A&G which is a regular release by 3F still excites the keyboard cowboy to scoop up instantaneously.

There are sites out there that do have more limited release bottles just sitting there, but they are sitting there for a reason. They're WAY overpriced, and some sites have terrible packing and shipping.

HenrikO, coldstorage, JCastle and 4 others like this.
  6. Scalzo

Scalzo

92 bucks for peach flavored liquid? before shipping?
    3-4$/oz lol

Might as well buy a plane ticket to Belgium, then sell bottles to suckers in the states that are willing to pay 10x retail

Shakedwnst and Ryan_G like this.
  7. boutbeer

boutbeer

Forget limited lambic. Stick to regulars and you can get all you need online at decent prices (decent being a matter of opinion). It's not hard to find 3F OG for under $20 a bottle shipped (provided you order a case). Given that 3F OG is better than 99% of anything I can find on an American shelf, and I have zero chance of finding 3F in CO, I consider that to be well worth it.

8. steinbbr

steinbbr

Thanks and I kinda knew I was going to get torched for this post. I am or was curious if most people are drinking
    Lambic and just dealing with the ridicules cost or buying bottles in bulk. Sounds like it's the latter and makes me feel less guilty about buying bottles online to support my "habit". As a side note I guess I got my first photekut like out of the way

HenrikO and Photekut like this.
  9. Scalzo

Scalzo

Why support evil belgian brewers when you can buy American lager?

souredstouts likes this.
  10. stakem

stakem

Testify!

miller lite 4 life yo

11. MikeG

MikeG

I don't have the luxury of flying to Belgium (one day, the wife swears she'll let me go for our 10th anniversary) so I generally end up placing 4 - 5 orders per year. I use 3 sites - Etre, Belgium in a Box, and Beergium. However with BiaB's recent crazy pricing for Cantillon ($33 for Rose 75cl!) I might stop using them. Here's my advice:

Etre allows you to have bottles held in warehouse so you can assemble a large order over 3 months or so (they force you to ship out at the end of every quarter - dates are posted on their site). Just select "Reservation" instead of shipping. Very helpful. Just keep monitoring their site and you'll get lucky to see some Cantillon regulars and semi-limited 3F stuff pop up. Then fill the rest of the box with Vat 109 and Fantomes to maximize shipping. You pay 78 Euro for up to 11 75cl and one 37.5cl bottles in one box.

Beergium prices are cheaper than Etre but their shipping costs are higher so it's generally the same cost. They usually have a decent stock of regular 3F gueuze and kriek. Sometimes they get in A&G and rarely a Cantillon or two. They have great customer service (I prefer to use FB to message them).

BiaB is good too but this past week their prices on Cantillon shot up like crazy, so I'm not sure what's going on there.

Finestbelgiumbeers has higher than normal prices (still lower than Lambicworld) so if you're really fiending for some RdG, you can get some from them for under $29 I suppose.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
    Tlo4sho, steinbbr and GregorySingh like this.
  12. Ryan_G

Ryan_G

Drink Fantome. Fuck lambic.

13. Ziggy

Ziggy

SeaWatchman right now:

[​IMG]

14. Compton25

Compton25

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. andrewdrinks

andrewdrinks

Also consider international trading, some of us are alright

HenrikO, Tlo4sho, BirdUp and 7 others like this.
  16. mvl339

mvl339

It's not worth the stress of making these orders minutes after they're available. If you have marriage parfait, tilquin OG and cuvee rene available locally just stick with those you aren't missing out on much.

Tlo4sho and Ryan_G like this.
  17. MikeG

MikeG

BiaB just put up some A&G and GB 2016. 20 Euro/45 Euro each.

18. reverseapachemaster

reverseapachemaster

I know I've seen 3F in Colorado. Absurdly expensive (like $40/750) but it is there.

boutbeer likes this.
  19. Scalzo

Scalzo

Why support evil belgian brewers when you can buy American saison?

Frank, tosh and Ryan_G like this.
  20. stakem

stakem

Testify!

Keystone 4 life yo