Buying Lambic Online

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steinbbr

Reaction score
Finally breaking down and considering ordering lambic online/emptying my bank account. I'm looking for comments on when the best time of year to place an order is based on selection. Also I'd be interested in hearing who seems to have the best selection. I did see in an earlier thread Etre just had a small release of Hommage and A&G I missed

jerry.gif

I'll bite and give you an honest, non-snarky answer. The beer world is crazy popular these days, this is no surprise. So it's not easy to find things like the lambics you're looking for just sitting online waiting to be bought. There's a few reputable sites that offer fair prices. When one of these sites put something up like Hommage, its gone in a minute or less (seriously). Even something like A&G which is a regular release by 3F still excites the keyboard cowboy to scoop up instantaneously.

There are sites out there that do have more limited release bottles just sitting there, but they are sitting there for a reason. They're WAY overpriced, and some sites have terrible packing and shipping.

Forget limited lambic. Stick to regulars and you can get all you need online at decent prices (decent being a matter of opinion). It's not hard to find 3F OG for under $20 a bottle shipped (provided you order a case). Given that 3F OG is better than 99% of anything I can find on an American shelf, and I have zero chance of finding 3F in CO, I consider that to be well worth it.

I'll bite and give you an honest, non-snarky answer. The beer world is crazy popular these days, this is no surprise. So it's not easy to find things like the lambics you're looking for just sitting online waiting to be bought. There's a few reputable sites that offer fair prices. When one of these sites put something up like Hommage, its gone in a minute or less (seriously). Even something like A&G which is a regular release by 3F still excites the keyboard cowboy to scoop up instantaneously.

There are sites out there that do have more limited release bottles just sitting there, but they are sitting there for a reason. They're WAY overpriced, and some sites have terrible packing and shipping.
Thanks and I kinda knew I was going to get torched for this post. I am or was curious if most people are drinking
Lambic and just dealing with the ridicules cost or buying bottles in bulk. Sounds like it's the latter and makes me feel less guilty about buying bottles online to support my "habit". As a side note I guess I got my first photekut like out of the way

Forget limited lambic. Stick to regulars and you can get all you need online at decent prices (decent being a matter of opinion). It's not hard to find 3F OG for under $20 a bottle shipped (provided you order a case). Given that 3F OG is better than 99% of anything I can find on an American shelf, and I have zero chance of finding 3F in CO, I consider that to be well worth it.

Why support evil belgian brewers when you can buy American lager?

I don't have the luxury of flying to Belgium (one day, the wife swears she'll let me go for our 10th anniversary) so I generally end up placing 4 - 5 orders per year. I use 3 sites - Etre, Belgium in a Box, and Beergium. However with BiaB's recent crazy pricing for Cantillon ($33 for Rose 75cl!) I might stop using them. Here's my advice:

Etre allows you to have bottles held in warehouse so you can assemble a large order over 3 months or so (they force you to ship out at the end of every quarter - dates are posted on their site). Just select "Reservation" instead of shipping. Very helpful. Just keep monitoring their site and you'll get lucky to see some Cantillon regulars and semi-limited 3F stuff pop up. Then fill the rest of the box with Vat 109 and Fantomes to maximize shipping. You pay 78 Euro for up to 11 75cl and one 37.5cl bottles in one box.

Beergium prices are cheaper than Etre but their shipping costs are higher so it's generally the same cost. They usually have a decent stock of regular 3F gueuze and kriek. Sometimes they get in A&G and rarely a Cantillon or two. They have great customer service (I prefer to use FB to message them).

BiaB is good too but this past week their prices on Cantillon shot up like crazy, so I'm not sure what's going on there.

Finestbelgiumbeers has higher than normal prices (still lower than Lambicworld) so if you're really fiending for some RdG, you can get some from them for under $29 I suppose.

Last edited:
It's not worth the stress of making these orders minutes after they're available. If you have marriage parfait, tilquin OG and cuvee rene available locally just stick with those you aren't missing out on much.

I know I've seen 3F in Colorado. Absurdly expensive (like $40/750) but it is there.

Yeah thanks for the Beergium reference a while back in the lambic thread. 7.33 for 3F OG so I backed up the truck, and they are very responsive on messenger.

I don't have the luxury of flying to Belgium (one day, the wife swears she'll let me go for our 10th anniversary) so I generally end up placing 4 - 5 orders per year. I use 3 sites - Etre, Belgium in a Box, and Beergium. However with BiaB's recent crazy pricing for Cantillon ($33 for Rose 75cl!) I might stop using them. Here's my advice:

Etre allows you to have bottles held in warehouse so you can assemble a large order over 3 months or so (they force you to ship out at the end of every quarter - dates are posted on their site). Just select "Reservation" instead of shipping. Very helpful. Just keep monitoring their site and you'll get lucky to see some Cantillon regulars and semi-limited 3F stuff pop up. Then fill the rest of the box with Vat 109 and Fantomes to maximize shipping. You pay 78 Euro for up to 11 75cl and one 37.5cl bottles in one box.

Beergium prices are cheaper than Etre but their shipping costs are higher so it's generally the same cost. They usually have a decent stock of regular 3F gueuze and kriek. Sometimes they get in A&G and rarely a Cantillon or two. They have great customer service (I prefer to use FB to message them).

BiaB is good too but this past week their prices on Cantillon shot up like crazy, so I'm not sure what's going on there.

Finestbelgiumbeers has higher than normal prices (still lower than Lambicworld) so if you're really fiending for some RdG, you can get some from them for under $29 I suppose.

I know I've seen 3F in Colorado. Absurdly expensive (like $40/750) but it is there.

Framboos made an appearance a few years ago for maybe 3 minutes, and I did spot Golden Doesjel once, but for the most part, nothing ever makes the shelf. The six bottles of Lam and LPG that hit the state last year are probably still in the managers office, waiting for GABF. Yawn.

Also consider international trading, some of us are alright

tumblr_or4asiIHDb1suqfifo1_500.gif

Sup?

But seriously OP, I agree with most of the others. Buy **** tons of 3F OG, Vat 109, De Cam fruits, and the occasional one-offs that get released if the reviews are favorable. I've never lived in a state that gets 3F/Cantillon until just a few months ago, yet I still don't buy it when I run across it due to price. It's usually far cheaper to get the basic OG's from overseas.

There are other sites that will occasionally have some limited stuff or things that run out of stock on Etre/Beergium/BiaB that I will purchase from, but I also know I'm taking a risk with shoddy packaging. ex: My last box from one of these sites had five bottles, one of which broke in transit - I didn't bother asking them to replace it.

Last edited:
Back