Camp Fire Relief Raffle

Discussion in 'Beer-It-Forward' started by AleAuteur, Nov 21, 2018.

1. AleAuteur

AleAuteur

Hello Talk Beer Community,

I’m running a relief raffle over on my Instagram, but I wanted to drop a line in here as well. If any of you are willing and able to donate $5 for Camp Fire Relief you can also have the chance at some lovely beers. Any support is greatly appreciated. See below for details.

[ CAMP FIRE RELIEF RAFFLE]
    ***Please read carefully***
    Earlier this summer my hometown was ravaged by the Carr Fire. It was devastating & many people I knew lost their homes or were evacuated. When I thought it couldn’t get much worse it got unfathomably worse. The Camp Fire is the deadliest & most destructive fire in recent U.S. history. At this moment, 81 people are dead & 630 people are still missing. The beautiful town of Paradise is completely destroyed & thousands have been displaced. At the very least, let’s pull together as a beer community & raise money for the victims. Sierra Nevada has established a Camp Fire Relief Fund through Golden Valley Community Bank. They have called upon fellow breweries for their support... so let’s do our part as beer lovers. To donate, please follow this link
    https://www.goldenvalley.bank/Community-Foundation.aspx and click on Sierra Nevada Brewery. It will then direct you to their PayPal fund. For every $5 you donate, you will receive a raffle number. For example, if you donate $50 you will get 10 raffle numbers. In order to qualify for the raffle, all entries must send a screen shot of your PayPal confirmation to [email protected] or forward your email confirmation. No DMs please. I will try to respond daily & send out numbers each evening. I’ll be traveling for the holiday, so it might take me a little longer to respond. Regardless, I will get your numbers to you, so don’t worry. The contest ends on 11.30 @ 6PM! Shipping only to the lower 48 & no international shipping. Below are the prizes I dug out of my cellar & I hope you like them:

1. Rare Lambic Tasting with me ft. Cantillon Brabantiae, Drie Fonteinen Seasons Set, & Cantillon Magic Lambic - somewhere in the Bay Area on a mutually agreed upon date

2. Toppling Goliath Assassin Gold Wax

3. Cantillon Lambic d’Aunis

4. Sante Adairius Rustic Ales Westly

5. J. Wakefield I Let My Tape Rock

6. de Garde 6pk

7. Hill Farmstead 3pk

8. Cable Car, DDG, & Veritas 3pk

9. Jester King 4 pack

10. Ale Apothecary 5pk

11. J. Wakefield stouts 3pk

12. Peche n Brett & Fantasia 2pk

13. Sante Adairius Rustic Ales 3pk

14. Russian River 3pk

If you are willing, please share this post so we can raise maximum proceeds for the victims. Thanks everyone!

Photekut, hamburger, Moondog and 22 others like this.
  2. flexabull

flexabull

Can you please pin this BadJustin?

Thanks.

3. AleAuteur

AleAuteur

2 days left if anyone is interested.

Cheers!

hamburger, BadJustin, benh123 and 4 others like this.
  4. shelf_turd_ferguson

shelf_turd_ferguson

Iirc BrandoSF did something like this year with great success.
    I'll be donating!

Isn't 11/30 six days away?

hamburger, AleAuteur, benh123 and 4 others like this.
  5. KevSal

KevSal

AleAuteur it seems like everyone is away from tb during the holiday weekend, any chance of extending this back?

the fires have been devistating, it’s nice to sierra nevada getting involved the way russian river did last year. the air quality has been aweful here especially knowing it’s coming from someone’s home

it’s scary to think that next year may ravage my area or my friends area with the rain waiting so long to get here.

youve got a fantastic list going, not sure if this can compete but i’m in to donate a box of limited fieldwork beers that’ll included some of their ba beers and fresh hops

and donation incoming

hamburger, flexabull, libbey and 5 others like this.
  6. benh123

benh123

Donated, awesome gesture, thanks for doing this.

7. AleAuteur

AleAuteur

Yesssss. Sorry I was way off on what day it was! There’s still plenty of time!

8. AleAuteur

AleAuteur

Thank you sir!

hamburger, flexabull and benh123 like this.
  9. AleAuteur

AleAuteur

I really appreciate your feedback and box donation offer! I’ll definitely include it in an updated post as the more great beer the merrier. Would you like me to describe it as a Fieldwork box? Thanks again for your support. Very generous.

10. flexabull

flexabull

AleAuteur, I think KevSal has a good idea in extending the date for your raffle. Maybe push it back another week or two so more people can see this?

Also, BadJustin, pin please?

Lastly, donated.

11. BadJustin

BadJustin Moderator Staff Member

Done.

12. AleAuteur

AleAuteur

Thanks for your donation!!!! I would like to push it back, but unfortunately I will be gone all week and have limited access to internet. I may be able to push it back until Sunday. I’ll wait and see by Thursday and see how things shake out. Thanks again.

13. Turfy

Turfy

Great gesture. Donated.

AleAuteur, benh123 and flexabull like this.
  14. AleAuteur

AleAuteur

Thank you!!!

benh123 likes this.
  15. ChaQuiseman

ChaQuiseman

Donated. Hopefully everyone is able to get back on their feet soon!

hamburger, benh123, KevSal and 2 others like this.
  16. KevSal

KevSal

17. Turfy

Turfy

18. BadJustin

BadJustin Moderator Staff Member

19. match1112

match1112

Fires out, over $9billion in losses

Photekut, BadJustin and KevSal like this.
  20. IndianaJones

IndianaJones

Is this getting @sausagebrewer'd?

RuckIt and Photekut like this.