Cape Ann Brewing Company

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HevvyMetalHippie

Reaction score
What's the general consensus on this brewery, or do I even need to bother asking? BA has it rated at a 92 Outstanding, which takes me sort of by surprise, to be honest.

Great spot for a fun night but the beers aren't generally world class, although they have made some really nice ones. The beers are certainly serviceable.

It's not a beer destination, but if you're in the area it's great spot (keeping in mind, Gloucester really isn't on the way to anywhere..) The food is solid.

I thought their new IPL was really tasty, and that everything else was good but not outstanding.

I've had a bunch of their beers but none in the past 6 months to a year, and I thought they were uniformly mediocre to poor.

Great place to stop by, especially in the summer months when you can hang out on the deck overlooking the water. When I was there last summer/fall, they had a Merlot And Cabernet Barrel Aged saison (aged for a year and a half) that I thought was fantastic - picture below. Not sure if they still have it, but I would ask to see if they have any special bottles. Other beers were pretty solid too. Very friendly atmosphere.

cR0yVje.jpg

Imperial Pumpkin Stout is good, but that's the only one I've liked

This has been my favorite pumpkin beer two years running. The rest of their stuff that I've had is fairly middle of the road but as has been said above, they are worth stopping by if you're in town.

Back