Casey Brewing and Blending thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First release was announced on their FB page today. Looking forward to it.

"We're incredibly excited to officially announce our first bottle release! We’re opening Thursday July 3rd from 4-7 PM and Saturday July 5th from 11-5 PM. During these times we’ll have Saison available for onsite consumption and for purchase to go with a 12 bottle limit. Saison is our 100% oak fermented and aged farmhouse ale made with 100% Colorado ingredients. We used 3 different strains of saison yeast, brettanomyces, lactobacillus and our house sour culture to achieve a classic tart representation of one of our favorite styles.

There are currently no plans for distribution outside of the Roaring Fork Valley. Look for more information here as we get closer to the event. Thanks for all your support!"

https://www.facebook.com/CaseyBrewingAndBlending

Last edited:
On call this entire week :(. Everyone enjoy and be safe, I hear traffic is going to blow.
Normal holiday traffic will be compounded by the blasting at the twin tunnels. Blasting scheduled for 7am and 330pm tomorrow. They also close lanes in between when those crazy ******** are scaling the face with high explosives :confused: There's detailed info on cotrip.org

Normal holiday traffic will be compounded by the blasting at the twin tunnels. Blasting scheduled for 7am and 330pm tomorrow. They also close lanes in between when those crazy ******** are scaling the face with high explosives :confused: There's detailed info on cotrip.org
"CDOT said the Westbound Twin Tunnels project will take one more blast at 7 a.m. Thursday, before taking a break for the holiday weekend. Traffic will stop for five minutes before the blast, CDOT added."

"CDOT said the Westbound Twin Tunnels project will take one more blast at 7 a.m. Thursday, before taking a break for the holiday weekend. Traffic will stop for five minutes before the blast, CDOT added."
Traffic might have only stopped for 5 minutes but that slow crawl from Genese to Idaho Springs SUCKED!!!!! 1.5 to 2 hours between that stretch. And it didn't look anything let up in that traffic jam when I sailed back through a few hours later.

Traffic might have only stopped for 5 minutes but that slow crawl from Genese to Idaho Springs SUCKED!!!!! 1.5 to 2 hours between that stretch. And it didn't look anything let up in that traffic jam when I sailed back through a few hours later.
You were a star behind the wheel today. Thanks again for driving.

That saison is the truth
This.

Love the taproom and space. Tons of room to grow there. Loved the drive too. I sometimes forget how awesome the drive is through Glenwood Canyon.Hardly any traffic today. Can't say I'll do it solo too often though.

Can we add the Hill Farmstead "it's a pain in the ass to get to" tax on to these bottles?

Loved the location on the river, snapped this picture as I was leaving

5OmCVuE.png

No update yet on a sellout.

Talked with Troy yesterday for a bit and he did say that the Saison is going to be a pretty regular release, ie every four-six weeks. Fruited variants will come regularly as he develops relationships with the growers since he wants to stay local. He mentioned that a local cherry grower planted some specific variatels for use. He said a blackberry will be coming a definitely a peach version after the harvest in the coming weeks.

I hope the fruited bottles aren't ready for a while because i know i won't be able to resist driving up for those.

Perhaps we need to start a rotating drive schedule amongst us, especially if the case limits hold up.

Anyone bring an extra back to Denver metro that they would be willing to part with? Retail work schedule blows. Bottles and hugs FT.

Just missed you. Kind of glad though because I had the 2013 churchills shirt on again.

I enjoyed talking with Miss Colorado 2011 over a Raspberry Saison. Definitely the hottest accountant I've ever met. We're usually a pretty homely looking group.

Funny, I was actually thinking that the hired help seemed to be of an echelon not often associated with beer geekdom.

Back