US - Mountain Casey Brewing and Blending thread

Discussion in 'Beer Travel, Events and Releases' started by DrLoveMD, Nov 13, 2013.

Help Support TalkBeer Community by donating:

1. DCLA

DCLA

I spoke too soon. Just got an update from my friend who I dropped off the boxes for.

I dropped off two 12 bottle shippers at the local Copy Copy for a friend and they accepted them no problem. Apparently FedEx picked them up at close of business that day (around 430pm) and then processed them for shipment and then flagged them (according to the tracking notice around 930pm). My friend called FedEx because of the "Delivery Exception" notice but when he talked to FedEx they assured him they would arrive on time. Today he received a call that the boxes were sent to Utah to a FedEx "research" facility for inspection and it was determined it was alcohol. He was told to put in a claim but I doubt he'll get anything out of it. It sounds like FedEx in that area is being very vigiliant about what packages get routed there.

TLDR: Zero issues dropping off shippers at local Copy Copy but FedEx is keen to shippers and will probably flag them.

mateoloco, tosh, ripps1 and 1 other person like this.
  2. ASak10

ASak10

From what I saw in the Facebook group, the problem hasn't been the pickup or the drop off locations, it's some vigilante manager at the main processing facility that's looking for shippers and flagging them. So it doesn't matter where in the area you drop off, if it goes to the same sorting facility it's going to potentially be flagged.

thebandit1, mateoloco, tosh and 4 others like this.
  3. swivelhips

swivelhips

[​IMG]

4. DCLA

DCLA

This is exactly right. Everything in that area/regoing that goes through that sorting facility will most likely get flagged. Especially boxes that look like wine shippers. Be cautious but the best bet is to ship out of Denver or elsewhere or use UPS. I hope this helps others from losing precious bottles to some guy with an axe to grind.

5. swivelhips

swivelhips

Hey, so I will be in Grand Junction next Wednesday as part of a trip out to Moab. I am currently planning on blitzing over to Glenwood to pick up my Casey that day but I figured it was at least worth asking if there is any Grand Junctions members here (I don't have facebook) that would be able to provide an assist and save me a few hours of driving. Figured it is a long shot someone lives in GJ and is already headed to Glenwood in the next week but worth asking. Thank you beers will be involved.

McNazz and DCLA like this.
  6. lambandtunaphish

lambandtunaphish

Before I head to the Facebook group - anyone here heading to Casey this month who wants to pickup and ship my EF bottles? One 12 shipper full, will provide thank you beers, bottle shipper, etc.

ripps1 and blckout20 like this.
  7. ripps1

ripps1

I may be going on 4/20. I'll know for sure on Monday. If I go I'll grab them for you.

8. DrLoveMD

DrLoveMD

I'm going on the 13th or 14th if you want me to pick them up *and I have a free shipper for you if you want.

9. Steve_0

Steve_0

I have a two week old at home, so I won't be making it up to Casey anytime soon. If anyone is going in the next week or two and could help me with pick-ups it would be much appreciated. I'm in Highlands Ranch, but could meet-up anywhere around Denver. Should only be 5-6 bottles.

10. DrLoveMD

DrLoveMD

Looks like I can't pickup anything on the 13th or 14th so I'm going up on the 21st/22nd. I can get stuff for you.

ripps1 and jrstar96 like this.
  11. ripps1

ripps1

Hoping someone took care of you. I won't be going up to Casey on 4/20.

lambandtunaphish likes this.
  12. DrLoveMD

DrLoveMD

All good, taking care of Stevie and Lamb. I can potentially pick up more if anyone needs. Going up on the 22nd at 1100.

13. swivelhips

swivelhips

Has Troy every explained the pricing structure for large format bottles? I seem to remember him saying something in an email but then couldn't find anything. The $190 3L of Seasons Past is a bit wild, given its $64 of beer. As a person that doesn't feel a strong magnum desire, it doesn't really matter to me that these are so much more. Just curious if there has been an explanation.

14. Padraig

Padraig Premium Supporter Contributor

Argh! Missed it again.

15. quirkzoo

quirkzoo

The glass bottle itself is much more expensive. On top of that it requires a fair amount of extra labor to fill, cork, and transport.

16. SpentBrain

SpentBrain

Thought pricing was a bit odd. Has been the same across different styles of beer. Mags are priced $10 +2x price of beer.

Also think mags are dumb.

17. swivelhips

swivelhips

$125 of glass and extra labor?

[​IMG]

Spoonsock likes this.
  18. swivelhips

swivelhips

This formula makes sense (although I still don't know why I wouldn't just buy twice as much of the same beer in 750s) but it doesn't line up with the prices today. 3L nectarine CFP was same price as 3L seasons past, even though the former is twice as much per 750. Although the pricing didn't seem to be an issue given everything sold out.

19. Padraig

Padraig Premium Supporter Contributor

While you're all here anyone know what sort of stuff they have on the bottle list for the EF tour days? Basically I need to tick Jammy and Leaner.

20. agrippin

agrippin

It's been pretty random so far. Got to tick Raz CFP though and that was incredible

Padraig likes this.