US - Mountain Casey Brewing and Blending thread

Discussion in 'Beer Travel, Events and Releases' started by DrLoveMD, Nov 13, 2013.

1. DougOLis

DougOLis

Might want to check your math there. 3L is 4 bottles of Seasons Past and apparently this is a East Bank version which has previously sold for $24/bottle. Not sure if it's a new batch or one of the old batches from 2015 but if it is the old then that's probably why it's even more.

2. swivelhips

swivelhips

Ah, yes I did not notice that part. This does make a little more sense then. I guess the nect. CFP was actually sold at a bit of a discount from the 2x + 10 formula.

Now that look more carefully, the statement quoted above makes me wonder if we can hope for a new batch east bank seasons past in the future given that the 8-month east bank iteration of seasons past hasn't been released since (by my records, but obviously I am not batting 1000 today) spring 2016 and probably wouldn't need additional conditioning time.

3. DougOLis

DougOLis

Yeah, I guess that probably is a pretty safe assumption that it is a new batch that hasn't finished bottle conditioning then.

4. DCLA

DCLA

A while back I was asking a brewer this same question and they said that for a normal 750ml bottle the cost is about $1. For a magnum the cost is around $12++ because they are a "specialty" item that doesn't get purchased a lot. I imagine that a 3L and 9L would scale up even more when you consider how rare that size is and how much more it would cost to ship them, store, them, etc.

Having said that I have no idea why anyone would want or need 9L of beer.

DougOLis likes this.
  5. doobiegoobie

doobiegoobie

John told me once that the label alone on the 9L is $15

6. swivelhips

swivelhips

Hey all, I will be passing through the front range on either side of labor day but don't expect to make it out to Glenwood. I know this doesn't see the same set of eyes that the facebook group does, but I am not on there, so alas. I have a pair of dry hop saisons that need picking up. I also missed out on the recent member sale during my last hiking trip and would be ISO a seasons past and oak theory if possible. Anyone from the front range going on one of the tours between the 16th and 19th? Cash, hugs, and/or Treehouse, Trillium, Hill Farmstead cans to help get this done.

DCLA likes this.
  7. DenverBeerDrinker

DenverBeerDrinker

If you get no bites on here let me know and I'll post on the FB page for you and I'm sure someone will grab the beers and have extra of the others

swivelhips and Beerontwowheels like this.
  8. ripps1

ripps1

If no one gets you on the 16th or 19th, I’m headed there on the 31st and can pick up your beer if you still need it.

swivelhips and DenverBeerDrinker like this.
  9. swivelhips

swivelhips

I should clarify that you need to be an EF member to pickup this beer. Generous offer from ripps1 but, for that reason, it didn't work out. I'll leave this here for a few days, and then will let you know DenverBeerDrinker if I need to take you up on the FB offer.

ripps1 and DenverBeerDrinker like this.
  10. lambandtunaphish

lambandtunaphish

Doing this again. Anyone headed out there in September? Have 6 bottles.

Can probably send some Fuzzy baby duck cans as thanks.

Beerontwowheels likes this.
  11. dvnb

dvnb

Just got into EF 2019, much excite. Looking for a proxy, would be shipping to LA. I'd cover all costs and send you thank you brew-has for your effort.

RyanG likes this.
  12. DenverBeerDrinker

DenverBeerDrinker

As a member my suggestion is getting into the EF FB group (you'l get an invite from Casey probably next month). You don't need to have a proxy assigned. You can just let them know that someone is going to pick up your beers. It has to be another EF member though.

I live in Denver and don't get up very often. Just post in the group when I need my beers picked up and someone usually offers. A bunch of members go up but it doesn't seem to be a regular trip for anyone.

13. agrippin

agrippin

Yep, the FB group is the best place. Most of the posts are about proxy pick ups or bitching about beers selling out or asking questions that are answered by their emails. Still fun haha

pmoney, DougOLis, Padraig and 5 others like this.
  14. RyanG

RyanG Previously Hot Dog Sandwich

I look forward to posting gifs in this place of complaints and queries.

agrippin and ripps1 like this.
  15. ripps1

ripps1

This almost makes me want to sign up for facebook

agrippin and RyanG like this.
  16. dvnb

dvnb

Thanks for the tip, assumed the FB group would be the best place but thought I'd start here.

agrippin and RyanG like this.
  17. DenverBeerDrinker

DenverBeerDrinker

Every time there is a new release that sells out fast and people get shut out, this group is always a great read

ripps1 likes this.
  18. RyanG

RyanG Previously Hot Dog Sandwich

How fast do the more popular release sell out?

19. lambandtunaphish

lambandtunaphish

We get emails in advance with what will be on sale, so if you know you want something, just set a reminder/alarm for the on sale time. I don't think there are ever instant sellouts though (I don't try to buy everything so I could be wrong).

Sometimes there are 1pp bottles that sell out quickly and sometimes there are 2pp or 3pp bottles that also sell out quickly. I think those are the situations where people get butthurt (limits could have been lower, giving more ppl a shot).

The October sale had Velvet at 3pp to start. I logged in 15 mins after the sale started and was still able to grab 3 bottles. Then dropped limits to 2pp and eventually 1pp. Not sure when it sold out for good, but I'm pretty sure a friend grabbed a single bottle about 2 hours in. That same day had two other bottles sell out quicker - Raspberry/Cherry Funky Blender (2pp) and Seasons Past (1pp).

ripps1 and RyanG like this.
  20. DougOLis

DougOLis

I missed out on the Velvet release because I was in a meeting or something at the time, but I also wasn't too upset about it because (unpopular opinion alert!) I'm not a huge fan of the Side Project collabs. I prefer the Casey bugs on their own.

When I've missed out on other beers I typically don't care that much either just because I know they'll probably have some other variant of that fruit coming up soon anyway. I think the only one I was bummed at missing was the Weldwerks can collab.