Catalina Se7en: What's in the box?? Hints, Hauls, DDT, General Shitposting

Discussion in 'Beer-It-Forward' started by clevelandisthecity, Oct 3, 2018.

1. rpbuckeye

rpbuckeye

It is Friday bitchz. The window is open!
    [​IMG]
    Thanks BigFrank really nice IPA.
    [​IMG]

2. BigFrank

BigFrank

Release the hounds!!
    [​IMG]

Glad you like it! Cheers!!

3. KevSal

KevSal

4. rpbuckeye

rpbuckeye

It is very good, but I liked this one a little bit better. So damn juicy (freshie drink early). Thanks again.
    [​IMG]

5. trickytunadicky

trickytunadicky

(Link to media)

Latergramming the freshie I opened right away from my sender. Happy drinking window!

6. steimie

steimie

My sender was davey101

[​IMG]

It's so funny that I was Dave's target. In the 6 or 7 years I've been hanging around the beer internets, I've probably exchanged more beer with Dave than pretty much anyone else. We're both constantly GPIUFMB'ing each other, and we've been in the super awesome LNBA Secret Santa BIF together for many years.

Dave dropped a bunch of crazy fresh Tree House cans on me, as well as a couple of other surprises. I drank them fresh but will post the pics over the next couple days.

This was fantastic and a great way to start out. So crisp.

7. wuntrikpony

wuntrikpony

Mufukin Friday y’all

[​IMG]

So KevSal dropped an entirely blind unibomber style box on my porch a few days ago.
    [​IMG]

Along with a badass SARA shirt that I’ve been clamoring for...not sure how he knew. Bernice is not only my lady’s favorite beer, but also my grandma’s namesake.
    [​IMG]

So I tailgated last night for N.C. State’s massive upset to Wake Forest and cracked the crowler:
    [​IMG]

This was a pretty massive beer. Huge amount of chocolate...definitely was some kind of pastry stout. Tasted akin to a German chocolate cake...there was a nutty thing going on that I thought was peanuts. Very slick mouthfeel, but it dried out enough on the finish. As it warmed up we got a lot more vanilla.

Everyone tried to guess what it was and the best we could come up with was some kind of rich stout from Fieldwork, since that’s local to Kev.

Reveal: Cellarmaker Pastry Program #1
    [​IMG]

Cellarmaker really knows how to do stouts. I’ve been a huge fan of Blammo and Imperial Coffee & Cigarettes in the past. We drank this in between Modem Tones w/ Vanilla and BA Affagato. I found this far more drinkable and balanced. It didn’t have the mid palate saccharine bullshit or the lingering stickiness of the others. Really great stuff, thanks KevSal !!

8. chemman14

chemman14

Sender: Don't be alarmed by the delivery exception, I had the box held for pickup because I will be gone until sunday and my Roommate won't be here to grab it either. Can't wait to tear into it on sunday.

Everyone else: Enjoy the opening drinking window weekend. Going to have a lot to catch up on when I get back to civilization.

9. BigFrank

BigFrank

wuntrikpony at the game
    [​IMG]

10. Locker338

Locker338

Target: Box received? It was delivered Wednesday
    You like? Hope you plan on cracking some open today and revealing the haze

[​IMG]

11. cornboy

cornboy

[​IMG]

Some beverages will be consumed today. I’ve only had the crowler so far but the fresh stuff is going down tonight!

Target, box is on vehicle for delivery just in time. Been very busy this week and came back to this thread to find the drinking window has been moved up... perfect for me since I don’t work Friday’s.

12. clevelandisthecity

clevelandisthecity

Awesome shirt! As a reminder no haul pics. Then again KevSal made them all blind so it’s not really a pic?

13. ripps1

ripps1

No need to worry about the Europeans beating you to this, tikk started the DDT today.

14. wuntrikpony

wuntrikpony

oh sorry...got excited cuz friday

15. tikk

tikk

Privilege of being a premium subscriber.

[​IMG]

16. ripps1

ripps1

I like how it states $19.95 per year in the message, but $9.95 next to the subscribe button.

17. KevSal

KevSal

happy to hear you guys enjoyed it, i really liked. great place to share it too! i took one down solo and...
    i missed out on their pastry #2 :(

hope you enjoy the rest of the box!

Last edited: Nov 9, 2018 at 11:03 AM
  18. RyanG

RyanG Previously Hot Dog Sandwich

Ahh fuck. Well heading out of town to help some friends get the fuck out of dodge from fires outside of Chico and check in on our property closer to town. Everyone is safe, but the new state of fires in California is scary AF.

19. FATSH1TTY

FATSH1TTY

Hahahahaha what a cock block.

Well done tikk hahaha well done.

20. FATSH1TTY

FATSH1TTY

Stay safe, and here’s to no damage.