Cellar Cleaning / Cable Car / Chicago Wild Share

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jordy777

Reaction score
Rather than trade around for each of these, I think that sharing my cable car with 4 people who can bring one each of the following to share may be an easier route. In addition to my CC, I will open a number of other bottles.

So, if you have a bottle of:

1̶.̶ ̶W̶e̶s̶t̶ ̶A̶s̶h̶l̶e̶y̶
2̶.̶ ̶F̶u̶z̶z̶y̶
3. VSB
4̶.̶ ̶D̶D̶G̶

and want to share it with me and 3 other people (meaning the 3 people who bring the other beers, 5 total), I have a Cable Car to open.

I tried this before with a BVDL and it turned in to a bit of a nightmare with bitching and begging and judgment. I hope that the CC doesn't get Midwesterners quite as exuberant. So, I kindly ask, if you do not have one of the three beers listed to bring to the table please do not contact me. If, by some miracle, you have something rarer than these (e.g., Blauw, SHBRL, DQ, Loerik) and want to open it up then by all means; I don't think anyone else would mind.

As for the specifics:

Location: My apartment, I have a first floor unit that opens up directly to a courtyard. I am in Chicago and have what I believe to be is a fairly ideal location to do this. I am immediately off of the highway with easy access to 55, 290 and 90/94 at the 18th street exit. I am also located right by the 8-Halsted bus and have a Divvy station right across the street from me.

Date/Time: I am thinking early-mid June on a weekday starting at approximately 7:00 PM.

Ideally, this small group of invitees will help me clear out my cellar a bit. I'll open up a Baller Stout, Feral One and some more (we can discuss specifics via BM if you are interested). I'll get some salty snacks to keep everyone thirsty, as I sincerely would like to do some damage to my cellar. I only ask that you 1) aren't an ******* and 2) don't bring anyone else with you.

Thanks for reading, cheers!

Last edited:
May be interested in this depending on date. Can do a VSB.
That would be awesome, the VSB is the last thing that we are looking for. Currently, we have 4 people and the following:

Cable Car
Feral One
Upland Persimmon
Upland Peach
Norma
E.
West Ashley
Fuzzy
Saison du Ble
DDG
Pulling Nails #1

If you are the 5th with a VSB we can start ironing out details. Currently planning on early-mid June (Tuesday 6/10 I'm thinking) but this is flexible. Just want to get a time and date that works for everyone.

I can do June 10.
Sounds good, I sent you a private message, but if you could please give me your email address I will get together a group email to iron out details. Looking at June 10, starting at 7:00 PM.

Back