Cellared Beer Reviews

Discussion in 'Cellaring Beer' started by Treebs, May 9, 2015.

1. davey101

davey101

2014 batch. Pumpkin is fading but there is tons of chocolate, roast, spice and bourbon notes. Finishes on a really nice and smooth caramel/all spice flavor. Not as boozy as the abv would have you believe. Really solid, glad I held onto it.
    [​IMG]

2. Jnorton00

Jnorton00

Not relevant names? Is this not a J. Wakefield collaboration?

3. AndresR

AndresR

2014 Peche n Brett.

I recall this beer slaying when I first had it fresh in '13. I sat on a '14 for 3 years. I didnt have a '14 fresh, but this has a bit of bitterness on the back end. Guessing the Brett took a slight turn somewhere. Still lots of Brett funk and peach though.

I enjoyed it, bit towards the end of the 750ml the odd bitterness for rough.

In the future I'm aiming for maybe 1 year on these. And no more.

buzzword, GRDave, Treebs and 8 others like this.
  4. TheBus

TheBus

[​IMG]

It's been a long while since I had one of the 2013 original 12oz pours. I miss this bottle size from Pipeworks.

This beer has taken on a raisin meets peppermint patty profile. It's odd and I'm sure past its prime but I'm enjoying it.

5. wuntrikpony

wuntrikpony

Have any old Alexander FT?

buzzword, Treebs, Tlo4sho and 2 others like this.
  6. GRDave

GRDave

OG No Rules (2015, green ball). Kept in cellar, not temp controlled. Just a touch of oxidation creeping in, super sweet and syrupy. Can still detect maple and coconut. No other off flavors. Can't see it getting any better. Drink 'em if you got 'em
    [​IMG]

7. flexabull

flexabull

Firestone 11 (2007 I believe)

[​IMG]

Decent head. Nutty aromas, smells oxidized a bit as well. Taste is much better than I expected. Notes of cocoa, nuts, cream, alcohol, and oak. Mouthfeel is hanging in there pretty well, snappy and boozy finish.

This beer has been my favorite of the anniversary beers. It's certainly past it's prime, but it is hanging in there better than I expected.

8. davey101

davey101

2011>2010. Dark fruits all a bit more present and a tad less oxidation. Just love this beer aged.
    [​IMG]

Kirkse, ilovestouts, Sender1 and 16 others like this.
  9. theredflame2

theredflame2

Anyone crack a dia oscuro recently? Not sure 5 months count as cellaring, but was wondering if this is worth trading for as a scotch fan.

Photekut likes this.
  10. trickytunadicky

trickytunadicky

I just got mine. May open one this week.

theredflame2 likes this.
  11. theredflame2

theredflame2

If you crack it, would love to hear what you think of it.

12. trickytunadicky

trickytunadicky

I'll try to slide one on the docket for tomorrow.

theredflame2 likes this.
  13. trickytunadicky

trickytunadicky

Right barrel, wrong beer. Losing my touch considering I tried really hard to get this for like a week. Anyway, as for the beer I do have, Avery Islay is drinking super. But not Dark Lord.

theredflame2 likes this.
  14. wuntrikpony

wuntrikpony

[​IMG]

I have a bad habit of cellaring AWAs too long. After hearing that American Solera Money Blend b1 hadn't carbed up properly at release, I buried it deep in a closet and forgot about it. It's really falling apart now...the oxidation isn't horrible, but it's bringing raisin notes in that shouldn't be there. Acidty was still well balanced, but carb never came up to an appropriate level.

Treebs, Tlo4sho, tosh and 5 others like this.
  15. I have been slacking. Gonna work backwards.

Anyways, this drank and looked like like an older, softer bottle of Consecration blended with an older, softer bottle of Oude Tart. Tons of red wine notes. Cabernet for days like Consecration, same with the abv. That leather, old cherry and old oak feel you get from Oude Tart. Oxidation wasn't really a factor. Carbonation held nicely. still had good head retention. Beer was between 5-7 years old I believe.

[​IMG]

thebandit1, Treebs, Tlo4sho and 12 others like this.
  16. furley

furley

2014 Narwhal that a guy at the office found in his basement. said he thought it wasn't going to be good anymore.. so he gave me a 4-pack.

eta: review to come later if i'm not dead drunk

cneville, buzzword, GRDave and 6 others like this.
  17. furley

furley

18. stakem

stakem

Fiftyfifty concentrated evil.

I think this is circa 09? Didnt even bother taking a picture because 90% of the bottle went into my sink. Not infected or anything just not enjoyable.

Neutral fruit/alcohol coupled with slight vinous character, cardboard and stale grain. Im sure this beer was better 8 years ago...it had to.

GRDave, Sender1, FTowne and 7 others like this.
  19. nhindian

nhindian

2015 Mocha Wednesday - still boozy

GRDave, Sender1, FTowne and 6 others like this.
  20. CommanderofAwesome

CommanderofAwesome

Bois - Brandy

Been a while since I've dove into this one. I consider Bois & Sucre to be the pennacle of Bruery's Anny lineup and among their 5 best beers they have ever made. Brandy is my favorite of the Bois variants and time has been kind to this one. Still very vibrant rich dark fruits, enough alcohol burn to give the illusion of a bit of balance.

Still fucking awesome.

GRDave, Tlo4sho, Sender1 and 7 others like this.