Cellared Beer Reviews

Discussion in 'Cellaring Beer' started by Treebs, May 9, 2015.

1. landrewg

landrewg

How about the CBS? (And the charcuterie?)

Tlo4sho and Gonzoillini like this.
  2. AndresR

AndresR

Went to an event on Sat.

2003 Doggie Claws (Magnum): drinking really well! Almost no oxidation.

2010 Rare: drinking exceptionally well. I couldn't believe how well it held up. The nose was also still fantastic.

3. flexabull

flexabull

I haven't posted here in a while, but MarkIntihar sent me this a few weeks ago so here goes.

[​IMG]

Avery Uncle Jacob's Stout - Feb 19 2016

Smells like bakers chocolate and booze. Taste is quite hot, that 17.1% is still making itself known. Bitter chocolate, light coconut, slight barrel presence, but it's like the big booziness just overwhelms it all. Nice full body.

I've had a couple of the big gravity beers from Avery before. And this one seems to go down the same road as those did, just too much alcohol. Tasty enough, but I'd prefer this to be more like 11-13%.

4. PurityControl88

PurityControl88

A few more cellar dwellers,

[​IMG]

Trappistes Rochefort 10 - BB 270716. Multilayerd brown sugar, chocolate, leather and that unique floral/peppery Rochefort yeast. Thinning out a bit. I wouldn't go so far as to say this improved with time, but it certainly held up well. I don't see myself trying to age this one again.

[​IMG]

SN Bigfoot 2012. I've got a few of these still in the cellar. A unique blend of oxidation, pungent hop bitterness, and toffee like malts w a stone fruit sweetness. The finish isn't as astringent as it's been on previous bottles, and I'm enjoying it more than I have in the past.

[​IMG]

Anchor Old Foghorn - 2012. Blind pour. Belgian candi sugar, fig jam, vinous, grape laffy taffy, maybe a little herbal hops. Not much in the way of oxidation. Just a very sweet (but stops just short of being cloying) sipper. I wouldn't mind buying a sixer of this to pull a bottle from every couple of years or so.

robertgoulet, stakem, Tlo4sho and 9 others like this.