Cellared Beer Reviews

Discussion in 'Cellaring Beer' started by Treebs, May 9, 2015.

1. joshruffin84

joshruffin84

Those beers can go forever. I've got some 2013 Beast and Mephistopholes that haven't even hinted at peaking yet. Shame they don't make these anymore.

2. libbey

libbey

2012 was a drain poor. Total mess. 2011 was lovely. Bright mineral funky lambic. Yum.

3. greg4579

greg4579

I opened a 2011 Kriek the other week and it was pretty darn good.

4. davey101

davey101

10/23/2015 vintage. Used to love buying the 750's of this beer when in college and making a night of it. I bought two four packs hoping to finally try the beer super fresh. This is the first bottle of those, so it took me almost three years to get around to it.
    [​IMG]

Has a bunch of floaters in it but it's a nice deep burgundy. Nose is fusel heat and caramel with the obvious scent of raspberry. Taste is much the same. Boozy mix of burnt raspberry candy and some old toffee. Not getting much from the "Belgian" aspect of it sort of a slight yeasty aftertaste that doesn't go well with the alcohol. It's a really one dimensional beer but definitely holds up to the age. It's not amazing but it sure is fun, i'm excited to try the new variant of it this year.

5. iong516

iong516

A&T is still unsurprisingly incredible. Great pop of the cork, no gush, big head if not pouring carefully but not overly bubbly. Dirty nose, soft feel, earthy and dusty, nice oak. Not showing any negative effects of age. Need more :oops:

landrewg, MooseLang, Phin and 2 others like this.
  6. matedog

matedog

[​IMG]
    CBS' sweet deals on old RRBC got me motivated to crack some older bottles. Tempt has a rep for hangin' tuff and this did not disappoint. Older bottles get some nice green apple notes I just don't get in it fresh. Couldn't detect any oxidation. This was tasty.

[​IMG]
    Threw a 2011 Bigfoot in for good measure. Would have been better to try side by side with newer bottles since it tasted just tasted like Bigfoot. That being said, I had to remind myself how abrasive fresh Bigfoot can be and that this was definitely less so.

landrewg, souredstouts, tosh and 8 others like this.
  7. CommanderofAwesome

CommanderofAwesome

I just opened a BF '11 a month ago or so and it was a flat mess. Glad yours held up better than mine!

landrewg likes this.
  8. matedog

matedog

In all honesty, I don't really like Bigfoot. Or any non-BA American BW for that matter. I prefer it aged a bit since it's not as harsh, but I can't say I really like it. I scored it well because it is good for the style, I just don't like the style that much.

landrewg likes this.