Cellared Beer Reviews

Discussion in 'Cellaring Beer' started by Treebs, May 9, 2015.

1. Saind

Saind

[​IMG]

1978 Liefmans Goudenband we popped to celebrate a friend's 40th birthday.
    This was better than the 2009 Rodenbach Vintage we had before it. Lots of red fruit and apple butter on the nose, very much a fruity PX Sherry aroma. Taste started very nice, a lot of the beer left. Slightly tart, no acetic acid but just a lovely sourness. Lots of raisins and dark fruit but mostly Amontillado Sherry.
    Bottle and cork were in really good condition, bought from the original owner and was perfectly stored. I'm not doing much justice to this beer describing it but it was great

Padraig, SeaWatchman, Snarf and 18 others like this.
  2. brian4beer

brian4beer

[​IMG]

This beer always amazes me. Has not faded at all. Have not had it in a year or two. Still a very lively cork, but not like 50th where u need eye protection to open. Great funk and yet so light and crushable. A very slight mineral finish. Love this beer.

Padraig, NClambicguy, Beer4B and 19 others like this.
  3. iong516

iong516

There are a few beers I'm not certain I'll ever try, but wouldn't it be nice... Millennium, Blauw, Rose, and Malavassia are among them. 50n b1 too.

brian4beer likes this.
  4. brian4beer

brian4beer

B1 50N would be my first choice of those.

iong516 likes this.
  5. jdhende

jdhende

This beer is really starting to hit it's stride the strong Belgian yeast character has mostly subsided. Really jammy at this point and even a bit sweet still. Think this has legs to go a few more years even. Not bad for a 4 year old american fruit beer. Stoked a new batch just came out in 4 packs.

(Link to media)

6. Espeer

Espeer

Crazy, I just opened the same vintage on Thursday, too! Agree with your review. Really great fruit flavor and it seems drier than when fresh, which is a really good thing.

landrewg, steimie and jdhende like this.
  7. whitehouse50

whitehouse50

does anyone know where I could find a bottle or two of 2017 Gouden Carolus Cuveee van de Keizer BLUE in northern NJ? missing that one in my vertical, any leads are appreciated thank you!

holldy01 likes this.
  8. holldy01

holldy01

I might be able to find some in PA. I can ask around if youd like?

9. whitehouse50

whitehouse50

if it's not too much trouble that would be great, please don't go out of your way though, thank you!

10. holldy01

holldy01

Bottle shop I used to work at might have it. I’ll be back in Lancaster next weekend. I’ll check and let you know