Cellared Beer Reviews

Discussion in 'Cellaring Beer' started by Treebs, May 9, 2015.

1. iong516

iong516

The CC had been sitting in the cooler at Toronado since 2008, probably some ideal cellaring conditions ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

davey101 likes this.
  2. [​IMG]
    Banged this one out during Royal Rumble.

Far less oxidation than expected, pretty minimal really, was pretty mild, carbonation stayed firm. Good toffee character, light dark fruit, unsweetened, mildly bitter. Have I been drinking "bigger" barleywines? This was pretty effortless. I'm really happy where I got my cellar nowadays. Half of it are beers I love and buy by the case (Cuvee Rene Gueuze/Kriek, Tart of Darkness, Hottenroth, Chocolate Rain, Tilquin) and then the other half are just rando barleywines, lambics and a few barrel aged stouts.

Will probably open the 2010 at next year's Royal Rumble.

3. jdhende

jdhende

(Link to media)

My favorite cheap and easy to get beer to cellar. I always go back and forth on what age I prefer. In the past I usually settled in on 2-3 years as being my favorite. This is a 2015 bottle that just blew my mind. Brett character has really settled and this beer has become just insanely drinkable. The more I try new beers the more I find myself coming back to this and just being blown away. Just a lovely beer that really blossoms with just a bit of time on it.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
  4. AndresR

AndresR Premium Supporter Contributor

Continuing the looong journey to clear out the cellar....

[​IMG]
    Tasted like slightly boozey rotten
    Apple juice. Not surprised.

[​IMG]

Keeping with the tradition of Stone's QM series, with the corks not doing a thing...it opened with no hint of a seal. Dead quite. Rotten copper mouthwash.

[​IMG]
    Very little barrel left. Mostly coffee. Pretty flat. But, enough marshmallow goodness that it was easy to finish the bottle as a sipper over the evening. It's 1-2 years over the hill. Drink'em if ya got'em!

ExPimp, Phin, PurityControl88 and 5 others like this.
  5. AndresR

Oh Yeah, a throw back SoCal Whale someone popped at a share on Sat.....

[​IMG]

Pretty good still! But, 3 years past its prime.

sjstraub, wuntrikpony, ExPimp and 5 others like this.
  6. oldp0rt

oldp0rt

last old big foot I had was oxidized as shit.

7. AndresR

[​IMG]

Shockingly awesome! No oxidation, cardboard, etc. Most all FW fall off hard after 3 years or so.

sjstraub, Gonzoillini, tikk and 2 others like this.