Cellared Beer Reviews

Discussion in 'Cellaring Beer' started by Treebs, May 9, 2015.

Help Support TalkBeer Community by donating:

1. PurityControl88

PurityControl88

Whenever I see posts like this I end up typing a huge response full of my own tome theories and questions. Then I delete it. IDK. Maybe I don't want to know and just keep on buying new tomes and wondering. Anyways, ISO of Fantome bottles from that golden era that stakem always refers to (would love to taste that elusive house character). And by ISO I mean someone that'd share one w me. Can bring lambic, natrual wine, morels, or whatever the fuck Fantome people are into these days.

2. skrip

skrip

fly up to the philly area for july 26th and share with stakem, jtclockwork and myself! =]

3. PrinceCasual

PrinceCasual

Thank you for the Cliffs.

I don't know if this was your intention but now I want read said 6yrs of posts.

Need Fantome though, there's no way I get the full experience reading it without wetting my whistle. Maybe even need a #TireFire to get the full feels. Cheers

PurityControl88 likes this.
  4. tikk

tikk

The first fantome thread is what drew me to this site. I found some old Tomes and wanted info, it came up on Google and after reading it I never left. So you can blame danyP for me being on this sorry ass site.

5. PurityControl88

PurityControl88

Okay! The little green guy is me quivering with excitement.

[​IMG]

Der Fuchs, Phin, PrinceCasual and 5 others like this.
  6. Espeer

Espeer

I used to get bottles of sur lie at cyclone liquors every time I had a few bucks to spare. Funky lime/lemonade. They never lasted more than the time it took to cool down in the fridge. Probably had 30 of them from 2003 to 2005. God I wish I had saved some. I knew nothing about beer at the time. Bought one cause the ghost looked cool and then just kept buying them. Basically drank Milwaukees best and fantome. I actually don't think there was all that much bottle variation.

Der Fuchs, davey101, stakem and 10 others like this.
  7. libbey

libbey

Opened a 2015 Allagash Martina Rose. Sad shell of its former glory. Jammy raspberry notes have left and it’s borderline acetone at this point. Maybe some bottle variation but this was one of my all time favorite beers from Allagash a couple of years ago. Let it warm up hoping it might improve. Sadly dumping the rest.

8. PrinceCasual

PrinceCasual

Read this as MB and Fantome taste the same, except bottle variation. I like it.

9. iong516

iong516

This is just incredibly good. Mellow floral bitterness, grainy, light.

[​IMG]

Kirkse, brian4beer, Der Fuchs and 7 others like this.
  10. jammery

jammery

Mattina I feel doesn't age well but Nancy is phenomenal with a couple years.

11. thebandit1

thebandit1

Drank my last 2011 120 Minute last night. It was just perfect. Carmel color and flavor. Not discernible hop bit. Just rich and smooth.

Really wish I had a few more.

Moving on to some 2009 WWS in the next few months.

12. ExPimp

ExPimp

Lmk... I only have 1 x 2009, but I've been eyeing it for a while now wondering if it's time.

13. iong516

iong516

Aged F&M is such an indulgent experience... all the cheesy funk, creeping in oxy, crisp white wine. Biggest BA saison underdog out there. 2016

[​IMG]

14. libbey

libbey

2012 Alaskan Baltic Porter

This beer continues to be stellar with age on it. Bought a case in 2012 and have been slowly working my way through them and sharing them. Zero signs of oxidation. Dark fruit notes galore and the cherry presence is still fairly pronounced. A very good bottle but I think I enjoyed the one I cracked last fall better. Time to drink down the last couple I have.

15. davey101

davey101

I just put my last 09 in the fridge. Can't wait. Had my last 11 Olde School last night and that was holding up pretty great.

chtoder, ExPimp, tikk and 1 other person like this.