Cellarmaker Tip Touching 7/30

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
why thursday?

and I'm prolly down. may bring the gf along as well. any excuse to ride BART while hammered, is a good excuse.

Just glad 2 people have seen me in the flesh, or I would be considered a troll.

9vzYQwj.jpg

I might be able to make it, depending on various things (i.e. my finding a place here that is somewhat near a Caltrain station). Is there a place near there allowing you to pick up some dinner stuff, or will you be going somewhere later? Actually, the smart play might be to show up fed. LOL

I might be able to make it, depending on various things (i.e. my finding a place here that is somewhat near a Caltrain station). Is there a place near there allowing you to pick up some dinner stuff, or will you be going somewhere later? Actually, the smart play might be to show up fed. LOL

There is a few spot(s) nearby where you can order/bring in food:

http://www.cellarmakerbrewing.com/food/

I prefer Deli Board or Cat's Head BBQ.

Citizen's Band makes a good burger, and they do some to go stuff.

There is a great asian fusion spot nearby called So, with killer wings and other food bad for your health.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/so-san-francisco-4

I don't know if Citizen's Band does to go stuff, but dear god it's delicious and right by Cellarmaker/CBS
I used to be a regular at Citizen's Band, haven't been there in awhile and last time, unfortunately, wasn't nearly as good as previous times. Probably just an off experience though.

I used to be a regular at Citizen's Band, haven't been there in awhile and last time, unfortunately, wasn't nearly as good as previous times. Probably just an off experience though.

Food in that area of SomA is far and few between, not lots of great spots and lots of walking.

For more adventure. There are great spots not far away on 6th between Market and Mission. Tu Lan for Vietnamese and Montesacro Pinseria, which just opened. They do Pinsas, something new to me. Of course this one of the sketchier spots in SF.

o.jpg

Food in that area of SomA is far and few between, not lots of great spots and lots of walking.

For more adventure. There are great spots not far away on 6th between Market and Mission. Tu Lan for Vietnamese and Montesacro Pinseria, which just opened. They do Pinsas, something new to me. Of course this one of the sketchier spots in SF.

o.jpg
I went to Radius in like 2012 and that was excellent. Looks like they've become something else recently, so I don't know if it's any good.

Are we bringing bottles to share? Going to "work remotely" from work so I can hop on BART and make it there on time.

Yes and that'd be great! Aug 2 is my FiL's b-day so not sure if I'm going to be able to get away, but PM me and we'll work something put!

Sounds good!

I can fap to this. How long?

Gonna be in briefly late on thursday, have a wedding in Chico friday and saturday, then plan on getting back early and spending the entire day there sunday. I think my flight leaves around 1030 PM back to Chicago.

I'm probably tapping out on this. I did not appreciate just how long it takes to get into the city from Silicon Valley on weekday afternoons.

which way are you coming up? 280 flies

I'm essentially working in the midst of the Googleplex (though I'm not working for them), so I'm pretty much on the 101. Cutting over to 280 adds about 10 miles, but I could see it being a doable option if the 101 gets too backed up. I suspect it will come down to how heavy traffic is that particular day.

I'm essentially working in the midst of the Googleplex (though I'm not working for them), so I'm pretty much on the 101. Cutting over to 280 adds about 10 miles, but I could see it being a doable option if the 101 gets too backed up. I suspect it will come down to how heavy traffic is that particular day.
101 traffic BLOWS. The only traffic I typically hit when coming back from the south bay is when i get to SF.

I'm probably tapping out on this. I did not appreciate just how long it takes to get into the city from Silicon Valley on weekday afternoons.

Caltrain, bro.

Takes me 40 minutes from Palo Alto on a bullet, and Cellarmaker is a mile from the train station.

And we can drink on the train.

Caltrain, bro.

Takes me 40 minutes from Palo Alto on a bullet, and Cellarmaker is a mile from the train station.

I did Caltrain into the city on Saturday. My Clipper card got screwed up and I missed the last train back, but a lot of that may have been how much I had to drink at Cellarmaker and the Shitty Beer Store, too.

The problem with Caltrain isn't getting in to the city; it's getting back - because there are no bullet trains after 6ish. In order to ensure I get the light rail back home (I live in Sunnyvale right by a 902 stop), I need to catch the 9:40 train out of San Francisco, and even then that only works if the train is not late or if they hold that last light rail train for the Caltrain arrival. I'm a fat craft beer drinker so it takes me at least 30 minutes to amble over there from Cellarmaker. I guess 9:00 isn't so bad for leaving the party on a weekday. LOL

Caltrain, bro.

Yup. Caltrain.
I did Caltrain into the city on Saturday. My Clipper card got screwed up and I missed the last train back, but a lot of that may have been how much I had to drink at Cellarmaker and the Shitty Beer Store, too.

The problem with Caltrain isn't getting in to the city; it's getting back - because there are no bullet trains after 6ish. In order to ensure I get the light rail back home (I live in Sunnyvale right by a 902 stop), I need to catch the 9:40 train out of San Francisco, and even then that only works if the train is not late or if they hold that last light rail train for the Caltrain arrival. I'm a fat craft beer drinker so it takes me at least 30 minutes to amble over there from Cellarmaker. I guess 9:00 isn't so bad for leaving the party on a weekday. LOL
I can drop you off at Caltrain after Cellarmaker on Thurs. Cut down on the night sweats.

Yup. Caltrain.

I can drop you off at Caltrain after Cellarmaker on Thurs. Cut down on the night sweats.

Given I get those anyway, I figure a little walking couldn't hurt, but thanks.

I can probably Uber it from the MTV Caltrain stop if I miss the last light rail.

Back