Change in California Growler Laws

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beerindex

Reaction score
AB 647 (Chesbro) makes three distinct changes to the Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control (ABC) Business & Professions (B&P) code.

The first is related to the labeling of growlers. It is a small but important change. For more detail about growlers visit the CCBA Growler Clarification here. The second change that AB 647 makes is in relation to the definition of beer manufacturing. Lastly, AB 647 addresses a technicality in the statute that did not allow a beer manufacturer to bring samples of their products to an industry trade association meeting. An amendment was made to the code to allow this in the very limited situation when a bona fide beer industry trade association is holding a private meeting on the premises of a licensed beer manufacturer.

Click here for the full article. Click here to read the bill itself.

Yeah, I don't think this actually changes anything. But if it finally gets breweries to start doing what was already legal, then hurray!

Yeah, I don't think this actually changes anything. But if it finally gets breweries to start doing what was already legal, then hurray!
Agree with stupac2 Why are we still hung up on what it says on the outside of the bottle? The only answer is marketing for the breweries. I'm not sure that any brewery will change what they do. It may push some breweries over the fence, but this won't change any of their minds.

Back