Charlotte 6hr layover?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Digita7693

Reaction score
6hr layover in Charlotte on Dec 20th, getting in at 2:25pm.
Enough time to get into the city and grab some food and a beer? Recs?

Cheers

I’d suggest grabbing an Uber to the NoDA neighborhood since it has multiple breweries/bars/restaraunts you can walk too. Heist and Salud Cerveceria are worthwhile stops.

I’m sure kbuzz and JohnnyNC have recs as well.

Yeah, if you’re going to try to hit up one area, NoDa is it. Heist, Salud, NoDa, Birdsong. And Legion and Resident Culture are even pretty close by.

Only thing is it’s not super close to the airport, but definitely still doable.

I’d suggest grabbing an Uber to the NoDA neighborhood since it has multiple breweries/bars/restaraunts you can walk too. Heist and Salud Cerveceria are worthwhile stops.

I’m sure kbuzz and JohnnyNC have recs as well.

Yeah, if you’re going to try to hit up one area, NoDa is it. Heist, Salud, NoDa, Birdsong. And Legion and Resident Culture are even pretty close by.

Only thing is it’s not super close to the airport, but definitely still doable.

I concur with both of those recommendations

Thanks all!

Seems it’s 20-30ish mins from the airport?
Should be fine in an uber, give us a couple hours to have a few beers and some food and head back to the airport. Right?

Thanks again!
Cheers

Thanks all!

Seems it’s 20-30ish mins from the airport?
Should be fine in an uber, give us a couple hours to have a few beers and some food and head back to the airport. Right?

Thanks again!
Cheers

Absolutely. There will be a little bit of walking in between locations though if you’re trying to hit a few spots. I’d say you could probably safely do salud (Make sure you head upstairs for salud taps) and heist. Maybe a half mile in between them. Any other stops and you might need to uber. They’re somewhat walkable (birdsong and NoDa) but you have a time crunch.

Thanks again everyone! I will tell you how it turns out tomorrow.

Looks like we will grab dinner/lunch somewhere (perhaps Fern), then coffee (Trade and Lore seems good and well located), then head to a bar/brewery or two (Salud, Heist, NoDa), all via uber due to time.

Cheers

Immigration took forever!!!!

So we went to HEX coffee, great stuff, and unbeknownst to me inside a bar/bottle shop.
So grabbed a coffee and then a NoDa Berliner which is decent.

hfoiQzj.jpg

CAnSjXz.jpg

Then went to Fern for vegan food which was delicious and had an ipa, then back to the airport...

Ldygz9X.jpg

7ZIGQRx.jpg

Good Bottle has a decent selection but a little pricey. Forgot that they had that coffee shop attached.

I bet you wish you picked something other than citraphilia huh? Not terrible, better on tap than in the cans in my experience.

Good Bottle has a decent selection but a little pricey. Forgot that they had that coffee shop attached.

I bet you wish you picked something other than citraphilia huh? Not terrible, better on tap than in the cans in my experience.

It was cold and it had hops in it, after a 10hr flight it was just fine:)

Back