Chattanooga

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnnyNC1

Reaction score
I'm traveling to Chattanooga in mid-February. Just wanted to know if there are any great breweries or bottle shops I should hit up while I'm there. Restaurant suggestions are welcome as well.

Oh well. That sucks. Wasn't really going for beer but figured I'd hit up some bottle shops and breweries while I was there. Maybe I'll just go to the aquarium at least that will make the wife happy

Beverage World in Fort Oglethorpe (just a few mins into GA) is the only decent bottle shop in the area... There are actually a few good restaurants I've eaten at on my few trips to Chattanooga, I just can't remember most them - Flying Squirrel was really good and decent taplist considering TN. Also, if coffee is your thing (and it ****ing should be), Velo is a fairly impressive roaster

Last edited:
I'm traveling to Chattanooga in mid-February. Just wanted to know if there are any great breweries or bottle shops I should hit up while I'm there. Restaurant suggestions are welcome as well.
Terminal Brewpub is awesome man; It's a old 3 story brick train station renovated into a very cool restaurant and brewpub. Check it out, right downtown next to the Choo Choo. There's also a Big River (CraftWorks) and Chattanooga Brewing Company within walking distance. Chatt Brewing just moved into a brand new facility that is seriously worth checking out as well.

A little bit off the beaten path you can find McHale's NanoBrewery - Who won a gold medal at the GABF for their Scotish Pride. It's a little more of a sports bar kind of feel - Pool tables, dart boards, and local crowd that hangs out there.

Then you've got Mocassin Bend over by the inclined railroad - Which is in a neat old building and has a lot of live music on weekends. If you're going to be doing the Rock City / Inclined RR touristy stuff (which honestly... Isn't all that bad, the railroad is up lookout mountain in a beautiful neighborhood with some very pretty old homes) you'll drive right by Moc Bend.

Chattanooga is a hidden gem in the Southeast, all the breweries are pretty cool. One of my favorite places to eat in Chattanooga is Urban Stack - Awesome 'craft' burgers and they have a great beer selection as well. I was there a few weeks ago and they had Terrapin Mosaic on tap, which... Is one of my favorite Southern beers.

Use our website (www.CraftCrawler.com) or download our iOS app to help you with directions and hours to breweries anywhere in the country. Have fun man - Chattanooga is a fun little city!

Back