Checking a bottle shipper to the UK - any issues?

Discussion in 'Beer Trading Help' started by MKtheGeneral, Jan 11, 2019.

1. MKtheGeneral

MKtheGeneral

Have any of you checked a bottle shipper to the UK? Assuming no issues but just wanted to see. I was looking to potentially check a shipper with 2 16oz cans in each slot. (Would have to check if that fits weight restrictions.)

steimie likes this.
  2. steimie

steimie Premium Athletic Supporter Contributor

You've probably already considered this, but why not just put the cans in a regular small suitcase, each in a ziploc and wrapped in a little bubble wrap?

3. MKtheGeneral

MKtheGeneral

Two reasons
    1) it’s a business trip so I need more in my suitcase than 24 cans of beer
    2) would use the shipper on the return leg as well

4. Digita7693

Digita7693

I cannot imagine any reason this would be a problem. I’ve never had an issue flying into Belgium, Germany or the Netherlands. You’re allowed to bring beer w you.

Cheers

BigFrank and MKtheGeneral like this.
  5. boogercrack

boogercrack

The last couple of times I've checked a shipper for a flight the person checking me in made me open the shipper and show what the contents were. Consider when packing it that it'll probably be opened and make it as easy to close back up as you can.

your experience may vary.

landrewg and MKtheGeneral like this.
  6. andrewdrinks

andrewdrinks

I have flown with a shipper (styro inside a cardboard box) with British Airways from London City to JFK, and then back from JFK to Heathrow and then on to Luxembourg with no issues whatsoever. Label it well, add some fragile stickers, and you'll be fine. (This was for an IP trade with Number45 a few years back)

If you're really concerned, buy a Lazenne, which is just a black padded shell for the shipper that makes it look more like a suitcase.

MKtheGeneral and Number45 like this.