Chicago visit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which places should be a must??

• Total voters
Seems like your talking N/NW side.

Beer Temple and WLV are a must if your in the area,their selection really complement each other. Since Revolution is right there, why not. They have great daily tours.

If your in that area and need some grub, Kuma's or Small bar has great food and a beer selection to match, Kuma's can be a **** show at times, but right down the street from Beer temple, so if you see lines out the door, Hit up small bar They have a small but amazing draft selection, and great bottles. Everything from Zombie dust to Cantillon

If you decide to hit up Piece, you should really stop by life's a Cabernet if your on the look out for Pipeworks.

Beer Temple, Revolution, Half Acre

The rest if you have time.

What is the parking like for Revolution? N Milwaukee Ave and its parking situation (and price) have left me concerned.

Metered street parking and some neighborhood parking if you're lucky. Usually can find a spot right away but it's a chore sometime. If you're just looking to drink, go to the Kedzie location. Street parking is easy and free and then taplist is usually better.

I took the blue line, brewery is 1/2 mi away
kuma's corner is right around there as well ‎

blue line (belmont stop) is 1/2 mile away from the brewery and tap room on kedzie.

it (california stop) is 1/2 block away from the pub on milwaukee.

in the times that i have driven over there, i haven't had a very hard time finding a spot in the hood for free within a block. but those have always been off-peak times when the weather is shitty and i'm only stopping in for 1 or 2.

Also need Chicago advice.

Going out for a wedding in late July/early August

The wedding is in Schaumburg. There's no public transportation between right? Would I be able to get a cab from the city or would I be better off renting a cab. Planning on flying in super early on Thursday morning for a Cubs game and then just bouncing around beer bars in the city (will be on my own). What area of the city should I Priceline in? I'll also likely want to drop bags off at the hotel before running over to Wrigley. Then Friday the plan would be breweries/beer bars again. but would likely need to be in Schaumburg for Friday night.

Advice/tips/tricks/gifs welcome

The wedding is in Schaumburg. There's no public transportation between right? Would I be able to get a cab from the city or would I be better off renting a cab. Planning on flying in super early on Thursday morning for a Cubs game and then just bouncing around beer bars in the city (will be on my own). What area of the city should I Priceline in? I'll also likely want to drop bags off at the hotel before running over to Wrigley. Then Friday the plan would be breweries/beer bars again. but would likely need to be in Schaumburg for Friday night.

I stayed in rosemont which probably splits your distance between the city and schaumburg.
The blue line runs from from O'Hare to downtown ($2.5-3 per trip and 30-45min ride depending on stop) made transport easy (and cheap, rarely used a cab)...plus the airport shuttles that are +/- in that area.
Piece brewing/pizza, revolution, various beer stores right off that line, half acre is closest to the brown line
Could save you some cash not having to stay w/in the city - decent food/beer in rosemont as well, recommend park tavern or hofbrauhaus if you do.

The Metra Train at the western station goes to Schaumburg. The one Bus you need to get on is off of the western blue line and only about 10 mins.

If your on your way after the game I would take the Addison bus to West Lakeview Liquors, after that walk a few mins south to Belmont, take that bus to California and stop at Beer Temple. After that Revolution and the Belmont Blue line are only a 10 min walk away.

I grew up in Schaumburg, but live in the city now. Go out there about once a month to visit friends. My advice is if you end up at Coach House bring condoms.

OK flying in the morning of July 31, rolling solo. Cubs game at 1:20 and then debauchery all day Thursday/Friday. Will priceline a place in Chicago for Thursday night and then stay in Schaumburg Friday night as the wedding is 9am Saturday morning. Who wants to get weird Thursday/Friday. Will bring bottles.

Also what part of the city should I stay in Thursday night? Will likely just airbnb a place. Best neighborhood to hop around bars at? Worth renting a car to drive to Three Floyds on Friday?

If you don't mind no frills (as in, basically a hostel but probably a lot cleaner and they do have some private rooms), consider this place in Wicker Park: http://holidayjones.com . It's pretty hipster, arguably insufferably so, but it's cheap. It's literally steps from the Division Street Blue line station and there are a lot of options within walking distance (most of them are a little *****ey but there are some good options regardless) but you're also right on the Blue line which is great. Very easy cab ride to other favorites like Local Option or Goose Island Clybourn. It's damn convenient, if nothing else!

If you don't mind no frills (as in, basically a hostel but probably a lot cleaner and they do have some private rooms), consider this place in Wicker Park: http://holidayjones.com . It's pretty hipster, arguably insufferably so, but it's cheap. It's literally steps from the Division Street Blue line station and there are a lot of options within walking distance (most of them are a little *****ey but there are some good options regardless) but you're also right on the Blue line which is great. Very easy cab ride to other favorites like Local Option or Goose Island Clybourn. It's damn convenient, if nothing else!

I live in Brooklyn man (and Williamsburg at that). I live in the center of insufferable hipsterdom

So yeah I could definitely deal with that haha
Wicker Park is for the weak hipsters. You know the kind that ware glasses with no lenses. :cool:

In the end just keep in mind the Blue line is your friend. It runs 24/7.

Wicker Park's North and Damen and Logan Square's California stops are only a few stops away from each other. If your looking for a good time with good beer less the **** show you will not be disappointed with Logan Square.

Flying in next Thursday. Cubs game at 1:20 and then off to the races. Looking at airbnb places in Logan Square right now. If anyone wants to meet for a beer or two on Thursday (or lunch on Friday before I head out to Schaumburg) let me know.

Flying in next Thursday. Cubs game at 1:20 and then off to the races. Looking at airbnb places in Logan Square right now. If anyone wants to meet for a beer or two on Thursday (or lunch on Friday before I head out to Schaumburg) let me know.

I'll be visiting Chi (again) from 7/30-8/4, will likely be out and about for a beer on Thursday

Back