Cicerone Off-Flavor Kit Share

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chinabeergeek

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm purchasing an off-flavor kit in preparation for the Certified exam coming up June 3rd in the Bay Area (I'm also visiting family that week, thus the distant testing location). I hope it arrives by Wednesday 5/27 or earlier, but the kit is meant for up to around 5 other participants anyway. It's a hefty $149 before shipping. I know there are possibly other sources (Siebel, self-made, etc.), but I want to practice with the same standard source that the exam will be conducted with.

Anyone in the Greater Boston (or even out to Central Massachusetts) area, who is also planning on taking the exam in the future, and wants to help chip in and partake in an off-flavor practice session, please let me know. I'll probably host at my location in Wayland, but feel free to offer your place as well. I will only ask for $20 from anybody who joins in, and will "eat" the remaining cost. If by some miracle there are 5 total people or more, i'll drop the cost down to just $15. If it's at my place, I'll probably crack open a few rarities from my cellar as well (perhaps even... Cantillon...? ;) )

Since my flight out to the Bay Area is on 5/30 (Sat), I'll most likely host on Wednesday or Thursday (on the assumption that the kit arrives in time), but if it needs to be Friday (29th) for whatever reason, so be it.

Please private message me for additional contact info.

ok, looks like i'm doing this on friday, may 29, no matter rain or shine, alone or accompanied. offer still stands for anyone wanting to join. will share a bottle of cantillon lou pepe kriek and other cellar gems.

Back