CiF (Coffee-it-Forward) - Hawaii Diaper Bank

Discussion in 'Beer-It-Forward' started by jmgrub, Aug 14, 2018.

1. jmgrub

jmgrub

This is a CLiF (Coffee LiF). Here goes:

I'm here to ask for your support of the Hawaii Diaper Bank.

A diaper bank is a non-profit that distributes at the minimum diapers, and often wipes, formula, baby clothes and other children's essentials, to families in need, often through partnerships with governmental agencies and other non-profits.

Back in LA, my wife worked at a diaper bank, directing its program and operations. Before we moved to the Big Island, she linked up with a couple of local women who had been collecting and distributing diapers and wipes (mostly on a one-off basis through diaper drives) and were interested in "making it official" and growing their impact. They recently incorporated and entered into a partnership with another non-profit, Hawaii Children's Action Network, to operate under its 501(c)(3) umbrella (meaning that donations to Hawaii Diaper Bank are tax-deductible to the extent permitted by law). Hawaii Diaper Bank is very excited to start putting Hawaii's children in diapers, with your help.

Rules
    For every $10 donated you will get one entry to the CLiF. So if you donate $50 you get 5 entries, etc. I'll keep this open until September 14th. Below is a link to Hawaii Diaper Bank's donation page. When donating, please use the box on the left-hand side of the donation page and DO NOT click the blue "Donate" box in the upper right-hand corner. Please include TB - [your TB handle] in the "In Honor Of" field. For example "TB - jmgrub". Please also PM me the same info along with the amount. If there are any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

https://goodbeginnings.nationbuilder.com/hi_diaper_bank

Prize

Once September 14th has passed, we will select a winner using a foolproof, tried and true method such as drawing out of a hat, random number generator etc.

The winner will get $150 worth of Kona coffee from the purveyor of their choosing (or dealer's choice if they prefer) and/or such other local dry goods as their heart may desire.

Thanks in advance for your support.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2018
  2. KevSal

KevSal

[​IMG]

payday is this friday!

3. winthrop

winthrop

Donated! Also, whomever wins is firmly advised by this hombre to strongly consider the macadamia coffee from Greenwell Farms. Had it once, & like Tribe Called Quest said, Oh ma gawd, oh ma gawd...

[​IMG]
    (Photo credit: hawaii.com)

Gene , would it be feasible to pin this CiF? Could replace my old Stella LiF on the pinned list!

exitmusic00, Digita7693, Gene and 4 others like this.
  4. jmgrub

jmgrub

Thank you for the pin Gene! Really appreciate it.

Hawaii Diaper Bank just started its initial fundraising campaign on Monday and it's off to a great start. Looking forward to keeping the momentum going and spreading the word. Thank you in advance for your consideration! We (and the keiki*) really appreciate your support.

*children in Hawaiian

5. greg4579

greg4579

Donated!

exitmusic00, KevSal, winthrop and 2 others like this.
  6. Padraig

Padraig

Done.

jmgrub likes this.
  7. MikeJones

MikeJones

Donated!

Gonzoillini and jmgrub like this.
  8. jmgrub

jmgrub

Thank you guys - it's much appreciated!

lambandtunaphish and Gonzoillini like this.
  9. jmgrub

jmgrub

Padraig and MikeJones when you have a second, if you wouldn't mind PMing me your real name and donation amount for raffle purposes, it would be much appreciated. Thank you both again!!

Padraig and Gonzoillini like this.
  10. lambandtunaphish

lambandtunaphish

11. reverseapachemaster

reverseapachemaster

I donated this week's crisis actor salary

jmgrub, MikeJones and Gonzoillini like this.
  12. jmgrub

jmgrub

So I'm a moron and thought that I made the deadline today, not Friday.

Regardless, since there's been a slight uptick in interest recently (and since I would like to raise a bit more money, if possible), I'm going to be extending the deadline until next Sunday, the 23rd, at 8:00 PM EST.

To those that have already donated - your generosity is much appreciated, and I hope that this extension is OK with you. I promise there will be no further extensions.

Hope all had a great weekend!

Last edited: Sep 16, 2018
  13. jmgrub

jmgrub

With only 2 days left in our CCLiF, I am bumping this thread to try to get some last minute donations and to share some exciting news for Hawaii Diaper Bank:

[​IMG]

At the urging of Hawaii Diaper Bank, Hawaii County Mayor Harry Kim has proclaimed next week, September 24-30, as National Diaper Need Awareness Week on the Big Island and recognized the important work that Hawaii Diaper Bank is doing to alleviate diaper need.

Thanks again to all that have participated and to those that get their donations in before the deadline. I will be conducting the drawing on Sunday and will then reach out to the winner to get their coffee requests. Big Island Brewhaus is releasing some barrel-aged beers next week so, depending on timing and my ability to procure, the winner's box may include one of those (or some other assorted Hawaii goods) as well.

Have a great weekend everybody!

14. jmgrub

jmgrub

The deadline is 8:00 PM EST today. If you have been on the fence about donating, get off (on the correct side)!

Thanks and a wonderful Sunday to all!

15. BigFrank

BigFrank

Done!

jmgrub likes this.
  16. jmgrub

jmgrub

Less than 1 hour remaining. Donate now, or forever be undercaffeinated!

lambandtunaphish likes this.
  17. jmgrub

jmgrub

Alright, this ended 25ish minutes ago. Any subsequent donations will be much appreciated but not eligible for the prize. I will get everything together for the drawing hopefully tonight (work obligations cooperating) or tomorrow and will announce the winner. Thank you to everybody that donated. I know I've said it 50 times, but your generosity is greatly appreciated, and your money is going to a wonderful cause.

Padraig, MikeJones, tosh and 3 others like this.
  18. jmgrub

jmgrub

BREAKING NEWS: We have a winner.

My wife sends her apologies for the crotch zoom, and I send mine for my sweaty, disheveled self and my poor public speaking. Also, I misspoke in the video. Everybody got 1 entry into the drawing for each $10 donated.

MikeJones I'll shoot you a PM and we'll get you hooked up with your prize.

Thanks again to all who donated. For those that didn't win this time, I may do a Round 2 in a few months - stay tuned.

KevSal, Gonzoillini and BigFrank like this.