Clevelandish This Week

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Contemplatebeer

Reaction score
Relatively new user here.

Going to Cleveland/ Canton/ Akron this week (wed-fri) and looking for beer/family recommendations. My 9 year old son will be with me.

Definitely going to Great Lakes and Royal Docks in Canton. Family wise, going to Pro Football HOF, Rock & Roll HOF and the Cuyahoga RR.

R Shea's isn't a bad stop down by the cuyahoga rr and cvnp. Also not a bad drive from canton is jafb.

Last edited:
Depending on where you are staying will determine some stuff. I would give recommendations for fat heads, masthead, nobel beast. The first two have food and are very family friendly. I know Saucy Brew Works in cleveland is opening this week and they could be good. If you down in akron area i would differently pick R Sheas, and JAFB. I am not a huge fan of great lakes but there pub exclusive can be good. If your down at great lakes townhall is a great place with good food and a good taplist. Have fun.

Depending on where you are staying will determine some stuff. I would give recommendations for fat heads, masthead, nobel beast. The first two have food and are very family friendly. I know Saucy Brew Works in cleveland is opening this week and they could be good. If you down in akron area i would differently pick R Sheas, and JAFB. I am not a huge fan of great lakes but there pub exclusive can be good. If your down at great lakes townhall is a great place with good food and a good taplist. Have fun.

Staying in Cuyahoga Falls, so Akron is close. What is JAFB? Not up on my Clevelandish acryonyms.

Oh, the JAFB Wooster brewery?

Back