Colorado Springs Help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigred1

Reaction score
Hey, I'll be in Colorado Springs in a couple weeks for business and have a couple questions.

The first is pretty specific: If you had the option of dining at Ristorante del Lago at the Broadmoor or The Rabbit Hole, with someone else picking up the tab for the evening, which would you choose? Although I certainly enjoy eating good food, I'm not much of a foodie, just looking for some good liquor and a cool vibe.

Second question is more of the usual - if you could only hit one brewery in town, which should it be?

Cheers!

I have never been to Ristorante del Lago at the Broadmoor, but generally speaking the Broadmoor is nice, but overpriced (obviously not as much of an issue if someone else is paying). If you have the ability to suggest something else at the Broadmoor, the Summit has a really solid menu, though I would assume the vibe and both to be fairly standard "nice american restaurant" vibe.

The Rabbit Hole is a solid choice, their food is good and their cocktail menu is strong. Last time I was there I had a Rabbit meatloaf and their version of an old fashioned which were both really good. The vibe is definitely unique as the restaurant is underground and they play up the carved out of stone thing. It does not feel like you are in the middle of the city when you are down there.

If you are open to other suggestions I would suggest checking out Margarita at Pine Creek, it is a very unique restaurant and the food is really good. I don't remember their beer/liquor being any good but the wine list is solid.

One brewery in town is a tough question.

As much as it pains me to admit it, Trinity is still the best brewery in town in terms of putting out quality beer. I have not given any money to trinity in the last year and a half however due to the head brewer Jason Yester's comments insulting the entire town because he got third in a local poll

http://www.csindy.com/IndyBlog/arch...y-brewer-jason-yester-apologizes-for-comments

Jason Yester is a ****** canoe of the first degree and is the exact opposite of most craft brewers I have met. One day a couple years ago I was there during the afternoon and they were clearly not busy. He and an assistant brewer were performing a mashing experiment at the bar, they had a couple of plastic tubs of different grains that were steeping in water and I asked them a simple question about what they were doing. Yester totally blew me off and didn't even bother to answer my question. With all that said, they still make some really good beer.

My favorite brewery to visit is Phantom Canyon downtown. Their beers aren't crazy in any particular way but they typically have one or two beers on cask and brew a lot of quality stuff, often with at least one historical recipe on tap at any given time. Their second floor has plenty of pool tables, darts and a nice patio if the weather is warm.

The second post on this thread: http://www.talkbeer.com/community/threads/the-colorado-thread.2315/

has more info about local breweries if one stands out to you.

I have never been to Ristorante del Lago at the Broadmoor, but generally speaking the Broadmoor is nice, but overpriced (obviously not as much of an issue if someone else is paying). If you have the ability to suggest something else at the Broadmoor, the Summit has a really solid menu, though I would assume the vibe and both to be fairly standard "nice american restaurant" vibe.

The Rabbit Hole is a solid choice, their food is good and their cocktail menu is strong. Last time I was there I had a Rabbit meatloaf and their version of an old fashioned which were both really good. The vibe is definitely unique as the restaurant is underground and they play up the carved out of stone thing. It does not feel like you are in the middle of the city when you are down there.

If you are open to other suggestions I would suggest checking out Margarita at Pine Creek, it is a very unique restaurant and the food is really good. I don't remember their beer/liquor being any good but the wine list is solid.

One brewery in town is a tough question.

As much as it pains me to admit it, Trinity is still the best brewery in town in terms of putting out quality beer. I have not given any money to trinity in the last year and a half however due to the head brewer Jason Yester's comments insulting the entire town because he got third in a local poll

http://www.csindy.com/IndyBlog/arch...y-brewer-jason-yester-apologizes-for-comments

Jason Yester is a ****** canoe of the first degree and is the exact opposite of most craft brewers I have met. One day a couple years ago I was there during the afternoon and they were clearly not busy. He and an assistant brewer were performing a mashing experiment at the bar, they had a couple of plastic tubs of different grains that were steeping in water and I asked them a simple question about what they were doing. Yester totally blew me off and didn't even bother to answer my question. With all that said, they still make some really good beer.

My favorite brewery to visit is Phantom Canyon downtown. Their beers aren't crazy in any particular way but they typically have one or two beers on cask and brew a lot of quality stuff, often with at least one historical recipe on tap at any given time. Their second floor has plenty of pool tables, darts and a nice patio if the weather is warm.

The second post on this thread: http://www.talkbeer.com/community/threads/the-colorado-thread.2315/

has more info about local breweries if one stands out to you.

Thanks, I appreciate the help. Sounds like Phantom Canyon is the place to check out, I prefer not to give my money to asshats whenever possible.

One night in town tonight just for dinner. Sounds like Phantom Canyon is still one of the better places but Rabbit Hole for a unique experience?

One night in town tonight just for dinner. Sounds like Phantom Canyon is still one of the better places but Rabbit Hole for a unique experience?

I went to The Rabbit Hole last year when I was in town - the food was good and they had a pretty decent drink menu. Definitely a unique experience - it is certainly more memorable than most restaurants I have eaten at over time.

Truth be told, we land at 640. Or 740 our time. We may be so hungry by then we have to eat before leaving Denver. Not sure I'll be able to make a hangry wife wait till we get down there.

But if we eat early then maybe we can swing by Trinity before heading to the MIL.

I have always enjoyed going to Principal's Office, located inside Ivywild, for mixed drinks. They also have a full food menu (I guess it is the same throughout the building, which also has a brewery and a distillery).

I have always enjoyed going to Principal's Office, located inside Ivywild, for mixed drinks. They also have a full food menu (I guess it is the same throughout the building, which also has a brewery and a distillery).

Ivywild is where Bristol Brewing is located. It's a pretty cool building. They did a great job renovating the elementary school. As said about, Bristol is definitely middle of the road. The taproom is a nice space but the beers mostly feel like a love letter to late 90s/early 2000s craft beer.

Have to agree so much about the comments about regarding Trinity. I really like some of their beers, really dislike some of their beers but completely dislike Jason Yester.

Cerberus is has been my go-to lately. Since they're at least attempting hazy IPAs (why are so many breweries in town not even trying this style? Do you not want to make $$$?). Goat Patch, coming in Aug., looks very promising.

Any updates to this list? I'm heading to CS tomorrow for business. Same situation as OP. Just staying one night so I'll have time for dinner and one brewery. I was thinking Cerberus and either Skirted Heifer or Rabbit Hole for dinner. Any thoughts/suggestions?

Any updates to this list? I'm heading to CS tomorrow for business. Same situation as OP. Just staying one night so I'll have time for dinner and one brewery. I was thinking Cerberus and either Skirted Heifer or Rabbit Hole for dinner. Any thoughts/suggestions?
I really Like the Rabbit Hole never been toncerberus yet, heading back out later this year...

Cerberus is definitely the best brewery in the springs. It isn't at the level of other top-tier Colorado breweries but it is brand new and really improving.

Rabbit hole is a cool spot but for I prefer the skirted heifer.

Cerberus is definitely the best brewery in the springs. It isn't at the level of other top-tier Colorado breweries but it is brand new and really improving.

Rabbit hole is a cool spot but for I prefer the skirted heifer.
noted for when I'm out it's been a bit since I've been out...

Ended up going to Cerberus. Was impressed. Really solid beers. Also hit up Skirted Heifer. Good burger! Had a couple beers at Brewer's Republic after dinner. Awesome bar. Tuesday $2 and $3 was great!

Back