Conquest 1st Anniversary Party/Bottle Release/Bottle Share 1/25/14

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JulianB1

Reaction score
Probably would have been good to post this earlier than a day before, but Conquest Brewing in Columbia is having a big 1st anniversary party tomorrow. Details include:

-Release of their 17.5 imperial stout, The Finisher. First 80 people in line get a max allotment of 4/person, next 40 get 2/person, and any left are sold on a first-come, first-serve basis. $15 per bottle. Bottle release starts at 11am.

-A bunch of beers on tap, included an imperial stout called Brutus. I've tried this and it's really awesome, think marshmallows and fudge.

-A "food truck rodeo" consisting of at least a half-dozen local food trucks.

-A bottle share outside, which can start at any time.

I'll be there around 9:30am, hopefully in position to get some bottles. Any SC folks coming to this? thegoon55 , mtrutlin , netdigger2 , others? For the bottle share I'm bringing a 2013 East End Gratitude, a 64oz growler of Cinnamon Roll'd Wake-n-Bake, some local homebrews, and maybe a couple of other things.

I didn't know about it, but I guess I'll be talking to the wife about a ride down to Columbia tomorrow morning. I don't have a ton of variety in the cellar right now, but I'm sure I can dig up something cool.

Wife just put the kibosh on going to another beer event before Brewvival and Hunahpu's. If you feel like driving up to Simpsonville or Greenville after the release- let me know- first round is on me.

JulianB
If you get a chance at an extra bottle, hit me up.

I didn't know about it, but I guess I'll be talking to the wife about a ride down to Columbia tomorrow morning. I don't have a ton of variety in the cellar right now, but I'm sure I can dig up something cool.

There wasn't much promotion other than on Facebook. They didn't even know if they were actually going to be able to sell bottles up until the last minute due to some federal approval stuff I still don't understand. In fact the legal workaround they had to use is that they are going to pass out tickets, and those are going to be for 22oz filled and wax-dipped "growlers".

Wife just put the kibosh on going to another beer event before Brewvival and Hunahpu's. If you feel like driving up to Simpsonville or Greenville after the release- let me know- first round is on me.

Boooooo! There's some possibility I might be up that way Saturday night or Sunday to go ice climbing, if so I will let you know. If not, see you at Brewvival!

EDIT: I'll do what I can on bottles. I know my friend Shawn who is coming with me isn't going to want a full allocation so he's grabbing extras for others, I'll try to snag you one of his.

Awesome! Thanks Julian. How was the beer?

Quite good but very sweet, reminiscent of that fresh bottle of Black Tuesday we opened in Asheville. I think it's going to be excellent with some time on it. The one or two bottles I'm saving aren't getting opened for a year, at least.

Back