Europe (Other) Copenhagen - A beer geek's rough guide

Discussion in 'Beer Travel, Events and Releases' started by macpete, Feb 25, 2016.

Help Support TalkBeer Community by donating:

1. MKtheGeneral

MKtheGeneral

Odd question, if you didn’t care about cost, where would you go for breakfast on a weekday?

2. simont1

simont1

bowl market has good porridge, union kitchen decent brunch

MKtheGeneral likes this.
  3. MKtheGeneral

MKtheGeneral

Out of curiosity, what do Bokkereyder bottles usually go for in a bar in CPH?

4. WICali

WICali

When I was at Koelschip a week ago, I think it was $75ish USD.

MKtheGeneral and drinkypoo like this.
  5. drinkypoo

drinkypoo

And up... depending on the beer and location.
    Barr prices may be a bit inflated, but they also have a couple dandies not at other places. Or at least thats what they told me. Hook line and sinker. :p

MKtheGeneral and WICali like this.
  6. MKtheGeneral

MKtheGeneral

Anyone around this coming Tuesday (9/4) night who wants to split some bottles at Koelschip or elsewhere? Also do they sell any glassware or merch there?

Last edited: Sep 1, 2018
  7. drinkypoo

drinkypoo

Don’t remember glassware. But at a Mikkeller and friends next door they do.

Shirts at Koelschip are available (or were when I was there).

MKtheGeneral likes this.
  8. hobeawr

hobeawr

We have dinner reservations that night but could be available after.

MKtheGeneral likes this.
  9. apatrick17

apatrick17

Interested to hear how you made out? The wife and I will be in CPH next week and that will definitely be one of our stops.

10. MKtheGeneral

MKtheGeneral

One night I visited John's Hot Dog and Deli as well as the original Mikkeller Bar. At the hot dog joint I had the original hot dog with a couple different relishes as a wild boar hot dog with Fredriksdral cherries in it along with some more relishes from their relish bar.

On my other night there I went to Himmeriget and split a bottle of 2011 A&T (for 550DK!?!?) which was insanely affordable and a 2018 Blabaer for 250DK, bumped into someone who I'd met a few years ago in San Francisco as well as nice guy from Norway so we split some bottles. Then from there went to RAMEN TO BÍIRU – NØRREBRO and had some ANGRY BJERGSØ YUZU which was incredible, per their website's description... Our original chicken broth, chili and yuzu (Japanese citrus fruit), kombu (Japanese seaweed) base, topped with soy-marinated pork belly, spring onions and wakame seaweed.
    From there headed over to Koelschip and split two bottles of Bokker with the guys I met at Himmeriget and hobeawr along with his gf. The bottles there were 450DK for 750s, had the Zomersaison 2017 and Wijngaard (muscat & reisling) both of which were great (preference to the Zomersaison.) Bought myself a shirt there for 200DK, and while tempting to buy a Zalto Bokker glass for either 400 or 450DK, I passed as I know it would a huge hassle to get it home in one piece.

I hope that helps!

11. apatrick17

apatrick17

[​IMG]

blackgnome and MKtheGeneral like this.
  12. nathanmiller

nathanmiller

I'll be in Copenhagen Oct 5-7 and really appreciate all the info in this thread. Amazing suggestions and helped me put together my map.

If anyone is around then and wants to split some bigger bottles (Bokkereyder? etc?) lemme know.

13. apatrick17

apatrick17

I also want to thank macpete and everyone else that contributed to this thread. My wife and I were in Copenhagen Sep 12-15 and hit up a decent amount of the spots recommended in this thread and they all were great.

Drank a Bokkereyder Wijngaard and 2011 Golden Blend at Koelschip before dinner at Relae one night while shooting the shit with the Aussie bartender and the other couple sitting at the bar. No crowd, nice and relaxed. Dinner was phenomenal - we sat in the bar area along the kitchen and did the pairing menu. Very glad I made reservations there after reading about it in this thread.

Tried ordering an A&T at Himmeriget but they came back and told me it had sold out - MKtheGeneral must’ve gotten the last one ;) so we had to settle for 2011 Framboos. Really roughing it I tell ya. We also spent a few hours in Vesterbro and hit up John’s Hot Dogs based on MKtheGeneral rec, then just grabbed a beer at Warpigs and sat outside.

Had a couple hours to kill on our last day before heading to the airport so we went to Charlie’s Bar based on macpete high praise for it and drank some great English cask ales with a few of the regulars there. Jim from Scotland had us laughing our asses off.

Anyway, I’ve rambled enough but have a blast nathanmiller! Copenhagen definitely lived up to the high expectations I had for it. Hope to make it back there someday.

14. TheFarmBoy3

TheFarmBoy3

apatrick17 I was the one that drank the last A&T...sorry! Can't let my dude MKtheGeneral take the fall for my actions. :)

apatrick17 and MKtheGeneral like this.
  15. MKtheGeneral

MKtheGeneral

Thank you for taking the fall on that one Joe!
    Sounds like an amazing time! So glad to hear you were able to enjoy almost all of it, and happy to hear you were able to benefit from some of my positive experiences!

TheFarmBoy3 and apatrick17 like this.