Creature Comforts in ATL

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChipKelly

Reaction score
Anyone seen it at Tower/Greens/Hop City? I'm heading down this weekend and thought I'd look for some.

Anyone seen it at Tower/Greens/Hop City? I'm heading down this weekend and thought I'd look for some.
The only CC you will find (with some luck) is Southerly Love...it should still be around at one of those places you mentioned. Unfortunately, BTyers hasn't blessed Atlanta with his cans yet! Hoping we see those prior to the February estimate I heard.

Thanks man, I called Tower today and the girl said they didn't even carry it, stopped by anyway and found a couple tucked back on one of the shelves. I think there were a few more bottles back there. Funny to see cases of Prairie Bomb just chilling in stacks on the floor.

Thanks man, I called Tower today and the girl said they didn't even carry it, stopped by anyway and found a couple tucked back on one of the shelves. I think there were a few more bottles back there. Funny to see cases of Prairie Bomb just chilling in stacks on the floor.
Yeah, as with any beer stores, the intelligence of the employees varies greatly. And I expect Bomb to continue to sit (even though they just came to Atlanta a few months ago)...that's what happens when you sell a highly overrated 12oz non BA stout for $9/bottle

Cans will most likely be showing up in March and not any sooner. We can't keep up with Athens' demand for cans yet. We're getting in the new tanks in February that will facilitate the Atlanta supply. Until then, we're brewing all we can brew and getting as much draft as we can get to Atlanta as possible. Thanks for the love

Creature Comforts' Southerly Love was a real surprise to me. It's a phenomenal saison. Way better than many HF saisons I've had.
Killer beer. Wish my ******* had saved some for trade. I crushed more than a case.

Last edited:
Looks like CC may be doing the tart cherry Athena soon. Brace yourself. That **** is the truth !

My apologies for the hijack but I'm going to be in Atlanta for a hot minute on Saturday. Any CC whatsoever floating around town? I think we're grabbing a quick bite in the Inman Park area before heading North.

My apologies for the hijack but I'm going to be in Atlanta for a hot minute on Saturday. Any CC whatsoever floating around town? I think we're grabbing a quick bite in the Inman Park area before heading North.
How are you getting here? I know you're gonna be in Asheville for a few days. The reason why I ask is that cans of CC are few and far between. You may be able to find Athena but almost certainly not any Tropicalia. If you are in Athens though, you can find it by the case at gas stations and supermarkets (so I've heard). So if you can go through Athens on your way to or from Atlanta, I'd do that if you really wanted some CC. OR, I'm sure someone would be willing to trade you some of their CC for some SARA and save you a trip.

How are you getting here? I know you're gonna be in Asheville for a few days. The reason why I ask is that cans of CC are few and far between. You may be able to find Athena but almost certainly not any Tropicalia. If you are in Athens though, you can find it by the case at gas stations and supermarkets (so I've heard). So if you can go through Athens on your way to or from Atlanta, I'd do that if you really wanted some CC. OR, I'm sure someone would be willing to trade you some of their CC for some SARA and save you a trip.

Thanks. Yeah, Athens is not in the cards unfortunately. Our travel itinerary is kind of hilarious on Saturday but we arrive in Atl around 4 and are then driving to Asheville. I was hoping to pop into a store in Atlanta and grab a couple of 6ers of Athena but maybe that is wishful thinking.

Thanks. Yeah, Athens is not in the cards unfortunately. Our travel itinerary is kind of hilarious on Saturday but we arrive in Atl around 4 and are then driving to Asheville. I was hoping to pop into a store in Atlanta and grab a couple of 6ers of Athena but maybe that is wishful thinking.
You just looking for Athena or Tropicalia as well?

Either one really. Only thing I've had from CC is Southerly Love and I was pretty impressed.
You're much more likely to be able to get Athena than Trop. Even locals claim never to have seen Trop cans in stores. Here are some places near Inman Park where you may find Athena:
Hop City Krog Street Market (parking can be a ***** so I'd call first, but it's the beer store with arguably the most extensive selection in Atlanta)
Savi Provisions
My Friend's Growler Shop--I know the guys who run the store and I texted them and they have ordered cans but don't know if they'll be on the truck tomorrow. If they are, they will hold a sixer of whatever comes for me. If do get some, I'm sure they'd hold some Athena for you as well, as it usually doesn't sell out right away. I'll PM you if their shipment comes in.

You're much more likely to be able to get Athena than Trop. Even locals claim never to have seen Trop cans in stores. Here are some places near Inman Park where you may find Athena:
Hop City Krog Street Market (parking can be a ***** so I'd call first, but it's the beer store with arguably the most extensive selection in Atlanta)
Savi Provisions
My Friend's Growler Shop--I know the guys who run the store and I texted them and they have ordered cans but don't know if they'll be on the truck tomorrow. If they are, they will hold a sixer of whatever comes for me. If do get some, I'm sure they'd hold some Athena for you as well, as it usually doesn't sell out right away. I'll PM you if their shipment comes in.

Looks like I'll try my hand at Hop City. Thanks for the intel. Much appreciated.

What's the story with CC beers on tap in/around Atlanta/Athens? I'm gonna be driving through, staying in Atlanta Saturday afternoon/night and then leaving Sunday. I can detour on my way up to Asheville through Athens if necessary. Really want to drink some of the more interesting paradisos etc, if they're at all available outside the brewery (since I'm driving Sunday, the brewery's closed :(.)

I may also pick up some cans if you think any of the places above have, but I'm not as much on the hunt for cans as I am for tastes of one-offs if at all possible.

What's the story with CC beers on tap in/around Atlanta/Athens? I'm gonna be driving through, staying in Atlanta Saturday afternoon/night and then leaving Sunday. I can detour on my way up to Asheville through Athens if necessary. Really want to drink some of the more interesting paradisos etc, if they're at all available outside the brewery (since I'm driving Sunday, the brewery's closed :(.)

I may also pick up some cans if you think any of the places above have, but I'm not as much on the hunt for cans as I am for tastes of one-offs if at all possible.
The two paradiso variants that have popped up from time to time are the tart cherry and the guava passionfruit. Haven't seen the tart cherry in a while. You may stumble on the guava passionfruit if you're lucky (at either a restaurant or growler store). A lot was around end of September and there may have been a few places that sat on their kegs.. I think your best bet is just to look on untappd and see if there are any check-ins. Sorry I can't provide more concrete info.

The two paradiso variants that have popped up from time to time are the tart cherry and the guava passionfruit. Haven't seen the tart cherry in a while. You may stumble on the guava passionfruit if you're lucky (at either a restaurant or growler store). A lot was around end of September and there may have been a few places that sat on their kegs.. I think your best bet is just to look on untappd and see if there are any check-ins. Sorry I can't provide more concrete info.

Any other CC non-canned stuff that hit kegs anywhere? And what spots in Athens are best?

Any other CC non-canned stuff that hit kegs anywhere? And what spots in Athens are best?
Automatic (their pale ale) hit Atlanta on draft last week, so you should be able to find that around on tap (again, Untappd is your friend). Like all their stuff, it's really good. If you go to Athens you should be able to find cans of Trop and Athena without much trouble (gas stations, grocery stores, etc.). The best craft beer bar is Trappeze Pub (I've never been but that's what everyone says). If I hear about any events or bars with good CC stuff I'll let you know.

Automatic (their pale ale) hit Atlanta on draft last week, so you should be able to find that around on tap (again, Untappd is your friend). Like all their stuff, it's really good. If you go to Athens you should be able to find cans of Trop and Athena without much trouble (gas stations, grocery stores, etc.). The best craft beer bar is Trappeze Pub (I've never been but that's what everyone says). If I hear about any events or bars with good CC stuff I'll let you know.

Cool thanks. I also should have said I'm not there till December. My bad. But yeah just trying to plan in advance.

5 Points Growler Shop in Athens has two locations, not too far from each other. They're out of passion fruit guava Athena, though, and they don't update their menu often FYI. You can find Automatic (pale ale) and Arcadiana (saison) at both locations, I believe.

Last few time I've gone to Trappeze their beer menu has been awful. Walked right out before even ordering a beer. Last 3 times I've gone there they haven't even had Trop. Brixx just a few doors down sometimes has some good CC options in the past and has had the Paradiso variants. Amicci the pizza place was where I went last week that also had some good options, including Automatic.

Back