US - South Creature Comforts in ATL

Discussion in 'Beer Travel, Events and Releases' started by ChipKelly, Dec 18, 2014.

1. ChipKelly

ChipKelly

Anyone seen it at Tower/Greens/Hop City? I'm heading down this weekend and thought I'd look for some.

2. SwoldierBoiTellEm

SwoldierBoiTellEm

The only CC you will find (with some luck) is Southerly Love...it should still be around at one of those places you mentioned. Unfortunately, BTyers hasn't blessed Atlanta with his cans yet! Hoping we see those prior to the February estimate I heard.

3. ChipKelly

ChipKelly

Thanks man, I called Tower today and the girl said they didn't even carry it, stopped by anyway and found a couple tucked back on one of the shelves. I think there were a few more bottles back there. Funny to see cases of Prairie Bomb just chilling in stacks on the floor.

4. SwoldierBoiTellEm

SwoldierBoiTellEm

Yeah, as with any beer stores, the intelligence of the employees varies greatly. And I expect Bomb to continue to sit (even though they just came to Atlanta a few months ago)...that's what happens when you sell a highly overrated 12oz non BA stout for $9/bottle

ShadowOfJames likes this.
  5. BTyers

BTyers

Cans will most likely be showing up in March and not any sooner. We can't keep up with Athens' demand for cans yet. We're getting in the new tanks in February that will facilitate the Atlanta supply. Until then, we're brewing all we can brew and getting as much draft as we can get to Atlanta as possible. Thanks for the love

6. tcblack4d

tcblack4d

Creature Comforts' Southerly Love was a real surprise to me. It's a phenomenal saison. Way better than many HF saisons I've had.

mateoloco and BravoDawg like this.
  7. BravoDawg

BravoDawg

Killer beer. Wish my dumbass had saved some for trade. I crushed more than a case.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2015
    tcblack4d likes this.
  8. BravoDawg

BravoDawg

I'm dying to see what Creature Comforts is doing Weds the 1st. Whatcha thinking RayP and MattyATC ? You know BTyers and the boys are gonna knock it out like they did the anniversary party !

Last edited: Jun 29, 2015
    MattyATC and RayP like this.
  9. BravoDawg

BravoDawg

Looks like CC may be doing the tart cherry Athena soon. Brace yourself. That shit is the truth !

10. BravoDawg

BravoDawg

Super beer I hope they do again. I would swim in that stuff !

11. tcblack4d

tcblack4d

They still have a small amount for sale at the brewery. The next bottles getting released will likely be Curious 2 and Curious 3.

BravoDawg likes this.
  12. BravoDawg

BravoDawg

Think those are gone. They had a few like 5 cases they started selling July 1

13. tcblack4d

tcblack4d

I was told they still had some left as of Friday.

BravoDawg and mateoloco like this.
  14. BravoDawg

BravoDawg

Fuck I hope you're right. Going over there Weds !

tcblack4d likes this.
  15. BravoDawg

BravoDawg

t_carterb thanks for the heads up!! Tart cherry Athena dropped too !! BTyers and the boys are crushing it !

tcblack4d and mateoloco like this.
  16. AptosBeerDrinker

AptosBeerDrinker

My apologies for the hijack but I'm going to be in Atlanta for a hot minute on Saturday. Any CC whatsoever floating around town? I think we're grabbing a quick bite in the Inman Park area before heading North.

17. mateoloco

mateoloco

How are you getting here? I know you're gonna be in Asheville for a few days. The reason why I ask is that cans of CC are few and far between. You may be able to find Athena but almost certainly not any Tropicalia. If you are in Athens though, you can find it by the case at gas stations and supermarkets (so I've heard). So if you can go through Athens on your way to or from Atlanta, I'd do that if you really wanted some CC. OR, I'm sure someone would be willing to trade you some of their CC for some SARA and save you a trip.

gregkoko likes this.
  18. AptosBeerDrinker

AptosBeerDrinker

Thanks. Yeah, Athens is not in the cards unfortunately. Our travel itinerary is kind of hilarious on Saturday but we arrive in Atl around 4 and are then driving to Asheville. I was hoping to pop into a store in Atlanta and grab a couple of 6ers of Athena but maybe that is wishful thinking.

19. mateoloco

mateoloco

You just looking for Athena or Tropicalia as well?

20. AptosBeerDrinker

AptosBeerDrinker

Either one really. Only thing I've had from CC is Southerly Love and I was pretty impressed.

mateoloco likes this.