Crooked Stave Reserve - Shipping Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moc5131

Reaction score
What does everyone use for shippers to get their CS beers? I used the normal 12-bottle styro shippers but it seems like a waste and I would use 4-5 of them per allocation. I was just curious if there is a better way. I know of the 12oz pulp shippers, but have concerns using them as they seem flimsy and parts of the bottle are exposed.

Any help would be appreciated.

I just suck it up and order a bunch of 12-bottle styro wine shippers and have them mailed directly to my trustee. They are a bit pricey but it's worth it for protection and the benefit of getting to reuse them.

My trustee didn't use these, but I know someone who did and he said they worked well. He said they are much more heavy duty than they look and he never had any problems. I plan to send some of these to my trustee this year.

http://www.naylorpackaging.com/online/shop/item.asp?itemid=36&catid=49
Yup, myself and Beerontwowheels used these and they have worked out great. Helped cut down on the total number of boxes we needed. It's a snug fit completely full, but they work out great. Couldn't recommend more.

Last year I trusteed for 3 people. Most of the year I double boxed. I used the cases from CS and stuffed packing peanuts in the cases. Then wrapped the cases in a layer or two of padding (cardboard, bubble wrap, CS sweater...) then put that in a larger box. I shipped roughly 300 beers and had one box that broke (and lost 3 beers). We moved onto shippers (linked in another thread, sorry on my phone can't find where) and used those for the last shipment and they seem to work well. Someone mentioned that when the cardboard shippers are done you need to toss them, they tried to squeeze one last shipment and lost everything.

Last edited:
My trustee didn't use these, but I know someone who did and he said they worked well. He said they are much more heavy duty than they look and he never had any problems. I plan to send some of these to my trustee this year.

http://www.naylorpackaging.com/online/shop/item.asp?itemid=36&catid=49
As mentioned, I used these for Beerontwowheels duceswild oline73 . They are pretty robust. I still use a bit of bubble wrap and can only fit 20. I jammed 24 in a couple times but double boxed those.

Back