Cycle BA Day

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoppedNFurious

Reaction score
If anyone is going to get tickets and can get me a ticket I'd appreciate it. The ticket is for my GF. Offering $75 and lots of thank you's midwest style.

Apparently you needed to be in line by 10:45am. They moved ticket sales time up from 3PM to 11am.

Apparently you needed to be in line by 10:45am. They moved ticket sales time up from 3PM to 11am.

yep. already about 25 people in line at 8:30am, and was up to about 40 when i got there at 9:45. i don't blame them... though numbers like last year would have been mo betta

yep. already about 25 people in line at 8:30am, and was up to about 40 when i got there at 9:45. i don't blame them... though numbers like last year would have been mo betta

At least they got a location with more space and they've committed to having more taps running. With more than double the taps, the doubling of the attendees won't be as bad. The location also has way more bathrooms this year. There were tickets numbered to 500 but I believe a small chunk were withheld for friends/family.

I'm just glad I decided to take yesterday off and get over to Cycle at 8:15am. I think that put me at 11 or 12 in line.

They had a Rye Stout (non-ba) on draft that was pretty solid. That was the first time I've had a base stout offering from them.
gjmmAwwl.jpg

Also grabbed a pour of the Rickshaw-Nelson which was solid. A little different than the Dec 2014 batch I had crowlers of but still solid.
PeJXaJsl.jpg

A small lunch share went down before I had to grab some food and head back to Orlando.
iLnebJNl.jpg
PEtoZFGl.jpg

At least they got a location with more space and they've committed to having more taps running. With more than double the taps, the doubling of the attendees won't be as bad. The location also has way more bathrooms this year. There were tickets numbered to 500 but I believe a small chunk were withheld for friends/family.

I'm just glad I decided to take yesterday off and get over to Cycle at 8:15am. I think that put me at 11 or 12 in line.

They had a Rye Stout (non-ba) on draft that was pretty solid. That was the first time I've had a base stout offering from them.
gjmmAwwl.jpg

Also grabbed a pour of the Rickshaw-Nelson which was solid. A little different than the Dec 2014 batch I had crowlers of but still solid.
PeJXaJsl.jpg

A small lunch share went down before I had to grab some food and head back to Orlando.
iLnebJNl.jpg
PEtoZFGl.jpg

How is Monday doing?

gjmmAwwl.jpg

PeJXaJsl.jpg

iLnebJNl.jpg
PEtoZFGl.jpg
How'd they do the names on the tickets? Did they write them on the ticket or is a name tied to a certain ticket number?

How'd they do the names on the tickets? Did they write them on the ticket or is a name tied to a certain ticket number?
It'll be very similar to last year. Numbered tickets were given but there was no ties to the number. Basically, make sure your name matches your ID and you'll be good.

Certainly having a physical ticket doesn't hurt, but y'all from last year have an idea of what it'll be like. Can't wait for the share!

Last edited:
Trying to figure out which bottle(s) I'm going to bring to share. My main focus will be sampling the beers on tap so I may not bring any big bottles to share - not like I have many whales anyways.

Luckily I have a few IP trades lined up so I'll have my small cooler with me already so a few share beers isn't gonna be an inconvenience. I'd also be down to bring a few random bourbon samples with me if anyone is into that sort of thing (nothing crazy.)

Trying to figure out which bottle(s) I'm going to bring to share. My main focus will be sampling the beers on tap so I may not bring any big bottles to share - not like I have many whales anyways.

Luckily I have a few IP trades lined up so I'll have my small cooler with me already so a few share beers isn't gonna be an inconvenience. I'd also be down to bring a few random bourbon samples with me if anyone is into that sort of thing (nothing crazy.)
When will we see a tap list?

When will we see a tap list?

probably on the way over to the event that day. Doug may post something before.

Last year included all of the BA offerings from the Mon-Fri leading up to it. That was 3 different BA offerings per Day (15 total) plus a few surprises including Ecto-Cooliner. There will be guest taps as well.

wiltznucs mentioned bringing some of his meads.... to share or will you have a table/booth

Last year included all of the BA offerings from the Mon-Fri leading up to it. That was 3 different BA offerings per Day (15 total) plus a few surprises including Ecto-Cooliner.
Nice...Wonder what the bottled beer that comes with the ticket will be. I was planning to take 4 or 5 good bottles and just see how the share and tap list look. Worst case scenario I just take them home.

Last year included all of the BA offerings from the Mon-Fri leading up to it. That was 3 different BA offerings per Day (15 total) plus a few surprises including Ecto-Cooliner. There will be guest taps as well.

wiltznucs mentioned bringing some of his meads.... to share or will you have a table/booth

I'm bringing a dozen or so different meads in 750ml bottles for folks to try. Not enough for boss pours but certainly enough for a few dozen people to enjoy a sample. I've never been to this location so I'm unsure of the layout. If you spot us be sure to drop in and say hello!

I can confirm that the Black Widow will be there..

Last edited:
I'm bringing a dozen or so different meads in 750ml bottles for folks to try. Not enough for boss pours but certainly enough for a few dozen people to enjoy sample. I've never been to this location so I'm unsure of the layout. If you spot us be sure to drop in and say hello!

Grant214905

I'm bringing a dozen or so different meads in 750ml bottles for folks to try. Not enough for boss pours but certainly enough for a few dozen people to enjoy a sample. I've never been to this location so I'm unsure of the layout. If you spot us be sure to drop in and say hello!

Very interested!

I know Brothers Drake doesn't get everyone excited but on the convo of Meedz I plan on bringing BBA apple pie, which is the real deal. Fist BA day and looking forward to it , probably too much.

Last edited:

Didn't you bring a dfpf mead last year? Stuff was amazing.

Any plans for shares outside of party for those visiting out of town that did not get BA tickets? Bringing almost a full case myself, and have 8 or so other share group friends visiting from SF bringing some gems. Any info from the locals would be amazing. :)

Any plans for shares outside of party for those visiting out of town that did not get BA tickets? Bringing almost a full case myself, and have 8 or so other share group friends visiting from SF bringing some gems. Any info from the locals would be amazing. :)
Thursday likely will have shares bud, I can pm you with more info as it gets nearer. As for Friday, not sure :/

hotel shares on thursday for sure i believe...friday will probably have some as well but people might be struggling a bit after BA day. i'm sure those who arent going will be opening bottles though!

I'm hitting Angry Chair Thursday night but would be open to joining a hotel share later that night.

Anyone need some stuff from the West coast in exchange for dem Cycle Day bottles for an in person trade come Friday at BA Cycle day?

(Hoarders, Modern Times, Highland Park, Bottle Logic, Firestone BA's and Sours,Rare Barrel) ;)

Back