Dark Lord 2016

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JulianB1

Reaction score
Figured it could use its own thread. Website is updated:

[URL='http://www.darklordday.com/']http://www.darklordday.com[/URL]

Ticket info:

Tickets will go on sale at 12pm (noon) CST March 5th, 2016.

We’ve changed it up this year. Pay attention.

2016 Dark Lord Day tickets will be $200 each.
Tickets are limited to 2 per person.

Each Dark Lord Day Ticket includes:
• Entrance to the festival grounds.
• 4 bottles of 2016 Dark Lord Imperial Stout.
• 1 bottle of #NewMoney bait...err, I mean a rare Dark Lord variant
• Upon entering Dark Lord Day you will receive a commemorative tote bag with $40 worth of food and drink vouchers inside.

So metal.

5qH3qdM.gif

I like it! Interesting that they are guaranteeing BA versions for everyone, so I guess they are making a **** tonne more? They had a lot last year. I'm sure people will balk at the $200, but I've spent more than that the last two years where I won a variant, bought food and beer. Seems like this will just streamline things and make the lines move faster by cutting out drunken cash transactions.

I like it! Interesting that they are guaranteeing BA versions for everyone, so I guess they are making a **** tonne more? They had a lot last year. I'm sure people will balk at the $200, but I've spent more than that the last two years where I won a variant, bought food and beer. Seems like this will just streamline things and make the lines move faster by cutting out drunken cash transactions.

The page just says "rare variant", so I'm wondering if some of them will be not barrel aged. Potential for even more jimmies to be rustled.

I'm furious that they're forcing me to buy a god damn tote bag like this PBS or something. What I really need is a tasteful XXL rain poncho so I can stay dry and yet keep my genitals unexposed while I take a piss in the middle of a muddy field.

I'm furious that they're forcing me to buy a god damn tote bag like this PBS or something. What I really need is a tasteful XXL rain poncho so I can stay dry and yet keep my genitals unexposed while I take a piss in the middle of a muddy field.
I saw so many bottles fall out of water-logged boxes last year that I'm inclined to say it's a great idea. Also the nut and butt saving poncho.

The outrage/annoyance throughout the interweb is delicious. If I didn't know any better, I'd think the typical attendee just wants to pay to get in and usually buys maybe a single bottle of regular DL.
As BuckTuckian said, last year's general admission was perfect. No lines. No DL. Just drinking with cool people. The ticket price basically paid for road access between groups I drank with. I was hoping to repeat GA this year.

Are any of you guys planning on attending this? I was thinking about purchasing a ticket to break my Dark Lord Day cherry this year, and it would be cool to meet up with some of you.

I'm more annoyed that ticket sales go on sale during Despot Day. And honestly I'm sad to see they did away with GA tickets. I could careless about DL the beer.

Lickinghole Creek.
Worse than Belching Beaver.

There is a "day" beer release every weekend. Tickets were bound to fall on "Similar Hyped BA Beer Day" somewhere. I refuse to keep track of every release by every 7bbl system and up from every 20k population town in America. The only beer "Days" are Dark Lord Day and Darkness Day. Everything else needs a new title.

There is a "day" beer release every weekend. Tickets were bound to fall on "Similar Hyped BA Beer Day" somewhere. I refuse to keep track of every release by every 7bbl system and up from every 20k population town in America. The only beer "Days" are Dark Lord Day and Darkness Day. Everything else needs a new title.

What about Whiskers day?

Those and Hunahpu's Day, with Kate Day being an honorary deceased member. But yeah I agree "--- Day" has been beaten into the ground as a name for beer releases.

Nice now I can steal a lot of BADL bottles this year instead of only 3 or 4.

I like the format change personally. No need to keep $300 bucks on me while getting extremely wasted. Also this will keep the ass hats that kept getting in line for scratch off tickets from scamming the system.

I wonder how variants will be distributed. Will you get a scratch off that tells you which variant you get? Will it be completely first come, first choice? Will variants be divided up evenly among sessions?
One can only assume the good ones will be given out based on face/neck tats and quality of neckbeard. Naturally.

I wonder how variants will be distributed. Will you get a scratch off that tells you which variant you get? Will it be completely first come, first choice? Will variants be divided up evenly among sessions?

I would hope it's through scratch off and it's somewhat even through the groups.

I wonder how variants will be distributed. Will you get a scratch off that tells you which variant you get?
I would hope it's through scratch off and it's somewhat even through the groups.
I am completely against this idea, only because there's a chance my scratch-off will say "Biggleswade" or "Muerte" or whichever booby-prize travesty variant will be available this year.

According to a response to this question on Facebook, the variants will be entirely first come first serve. They'll also still have group times A-E. So, same shitty way as it always was, except that now groups C-E are forced into buying the unwanted leftovers.

Back