Dark Lord 2017

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChicagoGuy

Reaction score
zforu7G.jpg

Now that it's mother's day weekend, I'm pretty much SOL. Metal as it is to ditch the wife to drink in the rain (because c'mon you know it still will), ain't no way I'm gonna be capable of Husband-worthy behavior on the Sunday after.

I'm going to risk it. I'm banking on the fact that having kids has made me really good at faking consciousness & coherence while hungover.

Godspeed, man. When I mentioned the date in conversation there was this sort of thoughtful pause like "Go ahead and make your argument for going. I'm prepared." Mrs. RedCoffee is a fine, reasonable, cool-as-hell woman and even she was ready to dunk all over my ass.

Godspeed, man. When I mentioned the date in conversation there was this sort of thoughtful pause like "Go ahead and make your argument for going. I'm prepared." Mrs. RedCoffee is a fine, reasonable, cool-as-hell woman and even she was ready to dunk all over my ass.

"How many times a year do I have the opportunity to black out and piss my pants before 9 am?"

Tell her Frank and Boston need you there.

Also, I go to sleep at like, 8 pm every DLD. 14 hours of drinking is enough. You guys should be able to pull this off.

so it's $60 for the variant and $30 for each DL? $176 for the variant and $1 for each DL?

I think the base price to get in was up to $40 before they went the all inclusive model. So $20 for each DL. $50 for the variant puts you at $170. Then $10 more cuz the price always goes up.

They do say a portion of the ticket price goes to charity, and I am guessing they need to pay to get the bands in (which would come out of the $40 portion of the ticket).

so it's $60 for the variant and $30 for each DL? $176 for the variant and $1 for each DL?
It's $20 for each DL, $50 for the variant, and $50 for the tote bag.

It's a really nice tote bag.

Seriously though, those were the 2015 prices, plus they charged $40 for entry (($20x4)+$50+40=$170). And last year's $200 included all of the above plus $40 worth of food/drink tickets (($20x4)+$50+$40+$40=$210...hey, that's a $10 "savings"!). So prices have definitely gone up a bit this year (($20x4)+$50+$40=$170...ruh roh).

I think the base price to get in was up to $40 before they went the all inclusive model. So $20 for each DL. $50 for the variant puts you at $170. Then $10 more cuz the price always goes up.

They do say a portion of the ticket price goes to charity, and I am guessing they need to pay to get the bands in (which would come out of the $40 portion of the ticket).
Dammit, you beat me.

UNLV @ Nevada baseball that weekend, ****.

I think we have a Dark Lord 2010 and that shitty(?) BA pepper variant to drink for this year's March Madness. Will report back to the cellar reviews thread & here next week.

Anyone wanna meet up in July? I'm gonna be at Summerfest (Milwaukee) for Tom Petty/Chris Stapleton on July 6th. Prolly just gonna wander breweries and disc golf throughout WI/IL/IN/MI after that until I fly out on the 10th or later. . .

I think we have a Dark Lord 2010 and that shitty(?) BA pepper variant to drink for this year's March Madness. Will report back to the cellar reviews thread & here next week.

Anyone wanna meet up in July? I'm gonna be at Summerfest (Milwaukee) for Tom Petty/Chris Stapleton on July 6th. Prolly just gonna wander breweries and disc golf throughout WI/IL/IN/MI after that until I fly out on the 10th or later. . .

If you make it to Chicago or Indy, I'm down to get belligerently drunk and objectify women.

I have to meet you at least once. If it's with TalkBeerJesus then even better.

I still think $180 is a "good" deal if for no other reason than the convenience of it all. Bringing only a small amount of cash last year was nice. Plus now variants are guaranteed so everyone is assured the luxury of "Porta Potty Aged Dark Lord with Tootsie Rolls"

Speaking of porta potty fun, the wife actually was hoping to do Mother's Day festivities on a different weekend this year so I'll be F5ing along with everyone else after all.

the wife actually was hoping to do Mother's Day festivities on a different weekend this year so I'll be F5ing along with everyone else after all.

Uh oh you dont understand how this works.
Expanding to a new date does not relieve you of previous responsibilities.
My wifes birthday is about 15 days and growing.

Anyways first DLD for me gonna get drunk take off pants not sell my variant but have it stolen anyway
giphy.gif

Oshtemo disc golf course in Kalamazoo is world class if ya haven't been.

Anyways first DLD for me gonna get drunk take off pants not sell my variant but have it stolen anyway
Bring a backpack, immediately put your bottles in it, only take it off in one of the TB tents...and even then watch it liked a hawk and have someone else watch it if you step away. Dem shitlords have no qualms about wandering through random groups acting lost or friendly and swiping stuff on their way through.

If you make it to Chicago or Indy, I'm down to get belligerently drunk and objectify women.

High likelihood I fly into Chicago, did last time.

I like to get drunk and be objectified by women.

I have to meet you at least once. If it's with TalkBeerJesus then even better.
I've ticked all 3 of you. Partying with beerandraiderfan doesn't dissapoint. All 3 of you together would be a bender/10.

oh man..... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Meh. Not a metal guy, but I might consider this for shares and visiting another middle of nowhere town, USA. Is there any booth for different beer offerings from 3F or any other breweries?

Meh. Not a metal guy, but I might consider this for shares and visiting another middle of nowhere town, USA. Is there any booth for different beer offerings from 3F or any other breweries?
They will have FFF and guest taps throughout the day at random. You could walk up and get gumballhead or BVDL it's a bit of a crapshoot.

You can easily steer clear of the metal music stages. Come prepared for the weather and bring some nice bottles to share and you should have a good time :)

Watch your bottles like a hawk after you go through the line. There's a fair number of turds that steal unattended bottles.

Back