Discussion in 'Beer Travel, Events and Releases' started by kevanb, Oct 23, 2017.
Delete The Facebook. Best thing I ever did. Srs.
Her voice is worse than nails on a chalkboard, I would rather have a homeless man piss in my ears than listen to her talk again.
And I have been in and have seen tons of moshpits, everyone that I have been in no one acts like a complete sloppy idiot like that, and if they did they were taken care of and made sure it didn't happen again.
I'm sure this turned into a variation of the "She's asking for it" too.
(Link to media)
The good ol’ Cantillon misspelling.
I kinda like it still. I mean i hate it for all the same reasons as everyone else, but i keep my wall completely open and there's lots of discussions that happen on there because of it, from politics to industry, and a very interesting mix of folks that participate. To me, that's worth it.
But yeah, if you're not paying for it you're the product and the data and etc....you're not wrong.
Your posts and subsequent discussions are certainly a highlight of my Facebook experience.
Before I make more dumb financial decisions, did FFF mention from what distillery the Scotch barrels for Turtledogg came from?
Last year was Ardbeg IIRC, they didn't specify this year AFAIK.
I’m so pissed I’m just now reading this.
Welcome to the party
Ok so I drank through all the variants last weekend, quick reviews:
1. Handjee - It's handjee, always good if not the best year. Had a bit of a burnt marshmallow thing going on.
2. Chemtrailmix - Lots of cinnamon, rye barrel comes through. Less "cinnamon toast crunch" than last years. Not worth the hype honestly.
3. French Vanilla Militia - sweet desert wine dominates, way too sweet.
4. Spaceforce! - can actually taste the adjuncts, good coffee on the nose. Pretty enjoyable.
5. Lounge Against the Macromachine - best variant of the day, lots of cinnamon, tangerine finish and tequila barrel all play nicely. This one was a surprise. Also the only one from this year I would seek out again.
6. Greatest Teachable Moments - extremely floral and ginger bomb. Ginger dominates the taste, flowers and bathroom cleaner dominate the nose. Gross overall, like drinking Fabuloso. Easily the worst variant, possibly ever (worse than Temeculan and Biggleswade)
7. Hung Drawn and Quartered - one of the better variants. I prefer straight bourbon barrel to this but it is still quite good.
8. Cavaleiro of Varnov - Tastes pretty much like regular Dark Lord at first, but a fruity almost dry sherry finish. Not bad.
9. Brozerker - Similar to Cavaleiro you get the barrel on the finish, in this case port. Which goes better with Dark Lord. Probably the best of the wine barrel variants.
10. Brotilla - actually we forgot to open this one because we were stick of em by this point.
11. Turtuledogg - probably the most divisive variant. People either liked it or hated it. Nose is burnt bandaids and peaty scotch, but after a few sips this grows on you. The sweetness of Dark Lord is balanced by the smokiness. I could sip on this for a quite no problem.
Was it fun? Yeah
Was it worth trading to fill out the lineup? Not really