DDC Release January 30th 2016

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounded like quite the bit of butthurt going on. Always makes me chuckle when I see people ***** on FB about release execution. Bitching about limits, waits, how far they had to drive, getting shut out.... what year is this? ;)

well, there's a LOT of frustrated people, that's for sure. The only part that was wrong were the limits. It wasn't really well managed and a lot of people told them in advance. They feared not to sell everything. That was the only thing, IMO.

There was a lot people, like....a lot. Way more than on the previous years. People are butthurt because some other folks came earlier than them and took their limits. That's sad, but it's life. I can understand the frustration, but they had no rights to start shitting about those people, like several did.

It was also a little cold (and very humid), and a lot of people didn't dressed properly, didn't brought food/drinks (who don't bring beer to a beer release? anyway.) and since they came so late, they were never able to get inside the facility, even though they said people would be lining up inside (which was true, but it overflowed outside).

FFTDeS3.jpg

VlEEDZo.jpg

And of course, it wasn't lightspeed when it came to having the staff putting stuff in your boxes, but it was honestly well done, 3 people to make you pay at the end. This was pretty well IMO, but since people were pissed, they claim that it was a fiasco.

So a lot of people are frustrated, yeah. Many are veterans beer geek that are just pissed to have showed up that late... the rest is just regular folks who never attended a release and left with nothing. Not getting one or two bottles because limits were busted, fine, but several folks ended up with NOTHING at all, which kinda suck.

Oh well, let's see how it'll be next year ;)

Back