DDT - 3/27 - Lambic Holidaze

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheers!

eGM47OP.jpg

I don't go crazy for this like I used to, but it's nice to revisit now and again. Ditto the current music selection. Btw, TB Anniversary karaoke, I'm coming for you. [insert stereotype here]

IH2485e.jpg

Unfortunately it's not quite the same beer it used to be, and I've heard through the grapevine that it's not 100% Citra anymore.

17499371_1693902673955018_8277832547719142802_n.jpg

Side Project / Off Color Brewing La Biere de Fantasie

La Bière de Fantaisie is a collaboration ale brewed with our friends at Off Color Brewing in Chicago. Our shared love of the farmhouse ales of Belgium and France was the inspiration for this Saison, which is a blend of several puncheon-fermented Saisons that were aged for 10 months before being naturally conditioned in this bottle.

Fancier Beer (Blend #2) uses Side Project’s saison yeast and Off Color’s wild yeast

Apricot. Lactic. Straw. Dry.

While I'd normally share a beer like this with friends, tonight just felt perfect for a few glasses of saison. Unfortunately for my expectations this one is firmly in the wild ale category as the primary flavor is lactic acidity and apricot yeast esters. It's pretty tasty and not overbearing acidic like some Side Project fruited sours can be, but wasn't exactly what I was looking forward to drinking tonight. I'm sure if I tasted this blind I would have thought it was an American Wild Ale aged with a lot of apricots.

Might have to crack a funky saison later to compensate...

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back