DDT 4/23/18 Beautiful Monday!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thunderbirdesq

Reaction score
fVjGJlKh.jpg

Delicious Hefeweizen. Cheers!

The art, collaborating breweries, style and your pour are all blowing my mind. I’ve gotta find some of that.

I’m guessing it’s a distro beer in the US right?

It seems it has U.S. Distro, whoever you get Weihenstephaner through should have it in stock. This beer is a delight.

So sometime before last christmas, my mother in law had asked my girlfriend what she thought I'd like as a christmas gift. I'm totally not a christmas gift kinda guy so I think and hope she answered something like "you don't need to get him anything.." or "just get him a pair of socks or something.." Well, she ended up getting me a ****ing slow cooker. I get why though, she knows cooking/food is a big hobby of mine and the gift itself is awesome, but where in a small ass 1 bedroom-apartment am I going to keep it? It's huge! It's one of the largest things I own now, topped only by my car and perhaps, but not certainly, the couch. It takes up exactly one hundred percent of the free space I have on my kitchen counter.. Anyway, it's been sitting unused in its box as I haven't really been sure how/when to cook with it. So I decided today was a good day as I was rather busy having to work 2-10 and wanted to have something done when I got home. Threw together some kind of pork-chili, almost like a Carnita with a bit of this and that, and put the thing to cook and went to work. The manual explicitly stated that you must make sure you have enough liquid and some extra in the pot, to be sure not to cook it dry and burn your small ass apartment to the ground. So obviously I used my regular recipe and then added some extra beer to it. It was Pistonhead's Flat Tire btw, my go to cheap hopped Swedish lager. I got home about about an hour ago and the food wasn't even close to being done. After like 9 hours! I'm not sure there has been any boiloff at all. All of you who cook this type of food know it's supposed to be more of a gooey sticky mess rather than the soup I'm looking at right now. Why oh why would you tell me to add EXTRA liquid? Now the gf is off working a night shift and I'm sitting here watching some NFL-pre-draft-thing, drinking this gorgeous beer and waiting for my chili to be done. Hm, perhaps things aren't too bad after all? Cheers!

dkEJou1.jpg

So sometime before last christmas, my mother in law had asked my girlfriend what she thought I'd like as a christmas gift. I'm totally not a christmas gift kinda guy so I think and hope she answered something like "you don't need to get him anything.." or "just get him a pair of socks or something.." Well, she ended up getting me a ****ing slow cooker. I get why though, she knows cooking/food is a big hobby of mine and the gift itself is awesome, but where in a small ass 1 bedroom-apartment am I going to keep it? It's huge! It's one of the largest things I own now, topped only by my car and perhaps, but not certainly, the couch. It takes up exactly one hundred percent of the free space I have on my kitchen counter.. Anyway, it's been sitting unused in its box as I haven't really been sure how/when to cook with it. So I decided today was a good day as I was rather busy having to work 2-10 and wanted to have something done when I got home. Threw together some kind of pork-chili, almost like a Carnita with a bit of this and that, and put the thing to cook and went to work. The manual explicitly stated that you must make sure you have enough liquid and some extra in the pot, to be sure not to cook it dry and burn your small ass apartment to the ground. So obviously I used my regular recipe and then added some extra beer to it. It was Pistonhead's Flat Tire btw, my go to cheap hopped Swedish lager. I got home about about an hour ago and the food wasn't even close to being done. After like 9 hours! I'm not sure there has been any boiloff at all. All of you who cook this type of food know it's supposed to be more of a gooey sticky mess rather than the soup I'm looking at right now. Why oh why would you tell me to add EXTRA liquid? Now the gf is off working a night shift and I'm sitting here watching some NFL-pre-draft-thing, drinking this gorgeous beer and waiting for my chili to be done. Hm, perhaps things aren't too bad after all? Cheers!

dkEJou1.jpg
didnt-read.gif

It was my last one, or I’d send you some. I’m happy to send you the can though, especially if it’s used for trolling bigots.
That Sonics themed glass is ace af, btw
RIP Sonics

No worries! I might just use the picture for some fun online.

Yeah, I love that glass from last year's SBW. RIP Sonics.

Duuuuuuude!! The wife and I both think this is one of the best Saisons we’ve had in some time and we have actually had a bunch of them lately. Wow. 1.5 year old homebrew. You are killing it ExPimp

The lady wants to know if you’ll ever trade more of this in the future for CA beers. Name your price, these rock!

LljBGaX.jpg

Back