DDT 5/26 : Freedom

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Panda1

Reaction score
My wife is on a trip and I'm off work until Tuesday. Bad ideas abound.
UP1ddnW.jpg

My wife is on a trip and I'm off work until Tuesday. Bad ideas abound.

I wonder why it looks like your beer is near freezing... Serving temperature for an imperial stout is between 14 and 16C (or 55-60 in weird ;p)
I have yet to see it happen outside the states :) Flavour get's subdued if you serve it that cold, it's kinda sad for the beer :(
(or I might be wrong and your bottle is at that temperature and the outside is just baking hot ofcourse :) )

I wonder why it looks like your beer is near freezing... Serving temperature for an imperial stout is between 14 and 16C (or 55-60 in weird ;p)
I have yet to see it happen outside the states :) Flavour get's subdued if you serve it that cold, it's kinda sad for the beer :(
(or I might be wrong and your bottle is at that temperature and the outside is just baking hot ofcourse :) )

Im sure by the time he makes it thru the entire bottle of a 20%abv stout it'll be at optimal temperature.

It is common for Americans to refrigerate everything. Butter, bread, eggs, beer. Stout drinkers seem to be slowly learning one temperature doesn't work for all beer.

giphy.gif

N3mLwAK.jpg

tenor.gif

I'm just here now to state that I can't wait to get home from work to begin a Memorial Day Weekend drink marathon. Have some fresh M-43 from a buddy in MI (if you have not had this gem of a NE IPA from the Great Lakes you must search it out). Also planning on murdering some Schramm's meads. Cheers all!

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back