DDT 8/14/2018 clevelandisthecity saves the da(ily drinking thread)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pneill3161

Reaction score
9_C9_AACBE-_ECDD-4144-_BEE4-5259177_AD80_A.jpg

Found this gem in fathers basement, my brother had left a lot of things to rot there, luckily this didn’t and is just as incredible as I remember it. Please bells make this one again, I’ll take some BB9k as well.

Steve comin in hot with that title change
Felt you needed some recognition for somehow being the only one to realize it was Tuesday. Especially after merging posts from Monday’s thread in here unfairly put your post down a buncha spots and I can’t fix that. :oops:

My hope is that people see the title and shower you with likes.

Anyway, I’m at my favorite shitty dive bar for wing night and pilsners.

CE760_AA4_060_B_4_B7_F_9_A10_5432_D2_D3828_F.jpg

Look at that oily, clinginess! The best inventions are stumbled upon by accident. I had a half glass left of Two Hearted when I found a half can of Fresh Squeezed from an hour ago still in the fridge. Being an Ag major, I decided to create a hybrid by combining the two. Pretty damn good.

39060119_2429667630378515_7823504511321767936_n.jpg

Unfiltered Unpasteurized Pilsner Urquell

Bready. Crisp. Herbal. Delicious.

Went with a buddy tonight to a tapping for this keg (which they fly in to America and it goes from brewery to bar extremely quickly), and expected to pay about $8-10 per pour. Had 4 pours and asked for my tab, at which time the bartender told me it was free as the distributor made a mistake and paid for the keg for the bar which they then shared with customers.

Also walked out of the bar with a free mug (the one in the picture) and a Tshirt (L so it'll go to my sister / mother as I'd look like Chris Farley in it...).

It's been a long couple of days to start the work week, but sometimes the world smiles at you. Tonight was one of those evenings.

Cheers TalkBeer!

Thoughts on the new (est?) batch?
I didn't like the 50th anniversary I had a few nights ago and I'm feeling the same about this one. I don't know if I'm used to them with some age or if the newer brewery is not as good as the last one. It has a thinner mouthfeel for sure, and it doesn't taste as boozy as I remember them fresh.

I think that the whiskey barrel does not improve this at all, kind of gives it a weird fake vanilla aftertaste. Something else lingers, trying to figure it out while it warms.

I like my Hardy's with some age on them. That hit of oxidation really improves it IMHO. Grabbed a few extras to revisit in a few years. I'm sure Snarf will remind me that much like North Coast Old Stock, this needs 5 years to develop properly.

Sorry rambled on there, jumped back and forth between a half assed review and my half assed homework.

I didn't like the 50th anniversary I had a few nights ago and I'm feeling the same about this one. I don't know if I'm used to them with some age or if the newer brewery is not as good as the last one. It has a thinner mouthfeel for sure, and it doesn't taste as boozy as I remember them fresh.

I think that the whiskey barrel does not improve this at all, kind of gives it a weird fake vanilla aftertaste. Something else lingers, trying to figure it out while it warms.

I like my Hardy's with some age on them. That hit of oxidation really improves it IMHO. Grabbed a few extras to revisit in a few years. I'm sure Snarf will remind me that much like North Coast Old Stock, this needs 5 years to develop properly.

Sorry rambled on there, jumped back and forth between a half assed review and my half assed homework.

Appreciate the insight, and I won't go out of my way to find some in that case. I'm down to my last 6 pack of vintage Thomas Hardy unfortunately...

1174985_665333993478563_1591306713_n.jpg

Facebook Memories just dropped that on me today from a purchase I made from the former editor of Whiskey Advocate. I was both grateful and sad at that same time...
mjt.gif

When I moved to NY in 2011, I found a shop that had some from the 90s on the shelf. Didn't buy as many as I could have and I regret that to this day.

:eek:
That’s toooo many truffles.
I was just at that exact spot a few weeks back. Awesome views, wine, pasta... enjoy your trip!

Enjoying any San Servolo?

San Servolo had a pretty decent ipa, best breweries by far, out of 9 I’ve had, have been Zmajska and Viško, but I knew this already and have just reconfirmed it.

Always love coming here.

San Servolo had a pretty decent ipa, best breweries by far, out of 9 I’ve had, have been Zmajska and Viško, but I knew this already and have just reconfirmed it.

Always love coming here.
I wasn't beer hunting so I never saw any of those two you mentioned.
I also love the area. Absolutely stunning vistas. Best part maybe the driving up and down and around each village.

I wasn't beer hunting so I never saw any of those two you mentioned.
I also love the area. Absolutely stunning vistas. Best part maybe the driving up and down and around each village.

We go to Vis, furthest island from Split, quite often, which is where Viško is from. The guy has some connection, former brewer?, to Nogne Ø.

Latest posts

Back