DDT 9-14 y'all are late

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
fz6BN7j.jpg

Some blonde roux lookin' IPA making a shrimp/andouille gumbo from scratch. ****ing love my day off so far.

So I remember first hearing about this beer a few years ago. It was growler only and released infrequently. I recall folks talking about how lines would start forming at the brewery as soon as word got out anytime that it was on for fills. I tried trading for it a few times (back in my BeerAdvocate days aka the dark times) but the ask was always so high I wasn't interested in getting bent over to try it. Fast forward to few days ago and I see someone on FB with some cans ft. I didn't even know they started canning the stuff, so I jumped at the chance since it was a very reasonable ISO. So now I'm cracking into one for the first time. The vaunted FBD at last.
HnzmwXs.jpg

Man is this mediocre to my tastes. It's like Zero Gravity Conehead (which is on shelves pretty much everywhere in VT for $10/6pk), except not as good. Never meet your heroes.

So I remember first hearing about this beer a few years ago. It was growler only and released infrequently. I recall folks talking about how lines would start forming at the brewery as soon as word got out anytime that it was on for fills. I tried trading for it a few times (back in my BeerAdvocate days aka the dark times) but the ask was always so high I wasn't interested in getting bent over to try it. Fast forward to few days ago and I see someone on FB with some cans ft. I didn't even know they started canning the stuff, so I jumped at the chance since it was a very reasonable ISO. So now I'm cracking into one for the first time. The vaunted FBD at last.
HnzmwXs.jpg

Man is this mediocre to my tastes. It's like Zero Gravity Conehead (which is on shelves pretty much everywhere in VT for $10/6pk), except not as good. Never meet your heroes.
If it's any consolation I don't think that beer or others like Coriolis are on the same level as they once were. Those first few pre-hype growler only batches were pretty magical. Things are scaled up now and the head brewer has left for Counter Weight so they seem a bit different to me now. Still the best can design ever though.

I could say the same for Heady...

last night on the CA coast on the tail end of a car camping trip. many thanks to all the SF/bay area homies who hooked me up with recs, post, cans, and all the etc. you all are ****ing aces. just crushed this watching the sun go down courtesy of BrandoSF.

cjwehvd.jpg

gonna go grill a filet wrapped in bacon and smoke bowls in a hammock now. cheers TB!

Back