De Garde 12-7-2013 Release

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shmeal

Reaction score
Copied from their facebook event:

We are hosting our newest series of bottle and draft releases in celebration of the holiday season on Saturday, December 7th from 12pm to 6pm.

We will be offering FIVE different limited edition bottlings, in quantities ranging from 175 to 480 total bottles.

We will continue to announce the releases as we lead up to the event, but for now:

The Archer
The first bottle release from our Lambic-inspired program. After extended aging and a naturally occurring wild fermentation in oak barrels, we added large quantities of Pinot Noir grapes from a favorite premier estate vineyard in the Dundee Hills viticulture area. A notable acidity with pronounced fruit character leads, with a notable spice and wild backing. Complex and evolving in the glass.
Grain: Northwest malted barley, Northwest unmalted wheat
Hops: 5 year aged Oregon Cascade hops

Morningstar
A VERY strong golden colored ale, fermented with our wildly occurring yeast and bacteria in oak barrels with honey, and aged for an extended time. Morningstar leads with a fruit forward nose indicative of both the wild yeast strains as well as the subtle dry hopping, finds an herbal, honey, and oak spiced structure in the middle and finishes dry with a lingering crisp wild character and stone fruit notes.

We will also be announcing a couple other surprises as we get closer, so please stay tuned!

As always, we encourage you to consider enjoying an evening locally to facilitate a safe and fun event, and please let us know if you are attending so that we may prepare to the best of our ability.
We look forward to seeing you here and to celebrating the season with you!
Happy Holidays!

Copied from their facebook event:

We are hosting our newest series of bottle and draft releases in celebration of the holiday season on Saturday, December 7th from 12pm to 6pm.

We will be offering FIVE different limited edition bottlings, in quantities ranging from 175 to 480 total bottles.

We will continue to announce the releases as we lead up to the event, but for now:

The Archer
The first bottle release from our Lambic-inspired program. After extended aging and a naturally occurring wild fermentation in oak barrels, we added large quantities of Pinot Noir grapes from a favorite premier estate vineyard in the Dundee Hills viticulture area. A notable acidity with pronounced fruit character leads, with a notable spice and wild backing. Complex and evolving in the glass.
Grain: Northwest malted barley, Northwest unmalted wheat
Hops: 5 year aged Oregon Cascade hops

Morningstar
A VERY strong golden colored ale, fermented with our wildly occurring yeast and bacteria in oak barrels with honey, and aged for an extended time. Morningstar leads with a fruit forward nose indicative of both the wild yeast strains as well as the subtle dry hopping, finds an herbal, honey, and oak spiced structure in the middle and finishes dry with a lingering crisp wild character and stone fruit notes.

We will also be announcing a couple other surprises as we get closer, so please stay tuned!

As always, we encourage you to consider enjoying an evening locally to facilitate a safe and fun event, and please let us know if you are attending so that we may prepare to the best of our ability.
We look forward to seeing you here and to celebrating the season with you!
Happy Holidays!

I hear we might be releasing three different wine barrel aged Imperial Bu Weisse (Berliner) variants. Raspberry, Blackberry and Boysenberry. Just sayin.
Could be more.
Also, hoping to have the licensing through in time to have the release party at our new brewery. More space. More better.

Jelly of you de garde guys :( anyone wanting to help out a Midwest guy with a reserve membership please hit me up :)

New bottle updates posted on our Facebook page for the release. We WILL be releasing all three Imperial Bu Weisse variants in addition to the prior two beers. Final release counts are ~150 of each of the Bu's with just over twice that for the other two.
Still working on the new brewery and hoping to have it ready for the release (and to be able to brew again).

New bottle updates posted on our Facebook page for the release. We WILL be releasing all three Imperial Bu Weisse variants in addition to the prior two beers. Final release counts are ~150 of each of the Bu's with just over twice that for the other two.
Still working on the new brewery and hoping to have it ready for the release (and to be able to brew again).

Define "Imperial" Trevor. LYMI.

Elite shock troopers for an incredibly well-funded organization that spans the galaxy?

Worst aim in the universe.

You were aware that our new brewery is on a metal planetoid construction?
Sadly, you were wrong on the incredibly well funded part, so earth is safe as we decided that ultimately a new coolship was a better investment than an interplanetary laser.
Yours criticism of our plans hurts man. :(

Wish my trip to Oregon coincided with this rather than the weekend De Garde is closed. :(

Anywhere in Portland and/or Eugene that may have your beers on tap over the next week or so? Not looking for anything specific, I just want to try whatever I can find.

Wish my trip to Oregon coincided with this rather than the weekend De Garde is closed. :(

Anywhere in Portland and/or Eugene that may have your beers on tap over the next week or so? Not looking for anything specific, I just want to try whatever I can find.

Sadly, I don't know anywhere that has any at the moment as we haven't sent much out recently.
If you're passing through Southern Oregon (Medford or Ashland) between Wednesday evening and Saturday morning, shoot a message my way. May be able to construct a rendezvous and a bottle handoff or two. Sorry again about the tasting room.

Sadly, I don't know anywhere that has any at the moment as we haven't sent much out recently.
If you're passing through Southern Oregon (Medford or Ashland) between Wednesday evening and Saturday morning, shoot a message my way. May be able to construct a rendezvous and a bottle handoff or two. Sorry again about the tasting room.

I'll be limited to the Portland-Eugene corridor (was going to make an exception to head out to Tillamook - next time), but thanks for the offer! I'll definitely hit up the tasting room on my next PNW trip. It's awesome to see more great breweries in Oregon.

JulianB, check Bier Stein in Eugene, they may have some bottles.

Excited my wife can make this release, she loves Tillamook. Should we line up at 6am? ;)

Can bottles be brought with the purpose of sharing? I have heard rumors, I have too much beer.

Last edited:
JulianB, check Bier Stein in Eugene, they may have some bottles.

Excited my wife can make this release, she loves Tillamook. Should we line up at 6am? ;)

Can bottles be brought with the purpose of sharing? I have heard rumors, I have too much beer.

Good call on Bier Stein and 16 Tons. They received a case each of Lee Noir a few weeks ago. It's a slow market, so both are at least remote possibilities (and worth checking out anyhow).

Yes you can certainly bring bottles to share. We don't charge a 'cap-age,' but will require an ounce or two. ;)

6am should do it. You should be about 50th in line at that point...

Not srs.
Edit: I hope.

Last edited:
Anyone interested in carpooling? Michele and I can provide gas monies and beer in exchange for a lift down other...

Also super ISO of the Razzleberry buweisse. Can't make it down that weekend because of an event in Seattle but would love a bottle.

The Boysenberry is one of best beers I've had. Raspberry and Blackberry were awesome as well. Great release, great folks, can't ask for more.

insanely delicious. all the berliners sold out right away, i wouldn't be surprised if a few cases of archer and morningstar hit local stores.

Two cases of Archer remaining, so no distribution, and I suspect we'll only send about three to five cases out of Morningstar into distro since we only have a handful of those left as well. Probably one or two to Portland, the rest elsewhere.
We had a great time with a lot of great folks. Sorry again about the cold though!

Back