US - Northwest De Garde Keeper's Society

Discussion in 'Beer Travel, Events and Releases' started by janky, May 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. janky

janky

Sorry if these are dumb questions, but I've been trying to find information on this, and I'm not really turning up much.

I'm curious as to how the Keepers society works - what's included for the $125/yr membership - and when people can enroll?
    Also curious how trustee scenarios work (since I have friends who are also interested).

I'm up in Tacoma, WA, but would gladly make a few trips a year to come pick up my beers. And the pricing structure is way better than some 'other' societies.

How does one become a Keeper?

degardebrewing can you shed some light on this? Did I just miss an obvious link somewhere?
    btw, we made the trip out for the anniversary party and it was a blast! It was my gf and I's first time getting to try a bunch of your brews, and they were all incredible. Thank you!

1987GN and PeelBacks like this.
  2. kscaldef

kscaldef

Memberships were sold back in December; assuming they continue the program I would expect next year's to go on sale towards the end of this year. Included 8 beers (so far, Lily, the first Imperial Vin Bu, Biere de Garde, and Imperial Plum Bu), a gift (this year was a branded glass not available to the public), and the party. No officially recognized trustees. Some of us do have arrangements with friends / trading partners, but strictly speaking only the person who signed up in person is a member.

3. ASUBeer

ASUBeer

Has the glass been released yet?

4. w_klon

w_klon

This is a good question. We were giving glassware for the pre-party, but I did not assume those were the piece of swag mentioned in the membership.

And don't get me wrong, I loved the party! It was a blast, but what happened to the Chenin Blanc Keepers bottle? Nobody informed us of the change. Everybody just had to find out as they looked in their bags

5. degardebrewing

degardebrewing

The glassware was the gift, as I believe was stated in the email we sent.

Apologies for the lack of notice on the beer switch. We ended up less than perfectly happy with how the conditioning had progressed on the Chenin Blanc Imperial Bu, so made the difficult last minute decision to switch to Linsey's favorite of the Berliners. I expect the Chenin Bu to mature nicely, so when it meets approval, we will release it, either for sale or as a future Keepers beer.

Well said.

6. kscaldef

kscaldef

I'm definitely looking forward to the Chenin Blanc when it's ready -- an under-appreciated grape IMO.

PeelBacks likes this.
  7. degardebrewing

degardebrewing

Loire Valley for the win!

8. jeblikesbeer

jeblikesbeer

Will there ever be a round 2 of the keepers?

9. 1987GN

1987GN

This.

jeblikesbeer likes this.
  10. grandmeaulnes

grandmeaulnes

will there be new memberships in 2015?

11. kscaldef

kscaldef

Come on people, we're barely 1/3 of the way through this year...

jeblikesbeer likes this.
  12. Usofar

Usofar

After finally having a degardebrewing brewing beer this past week, i'm ready to make a payment now to secure my 2015 Keepers membership. Think outside the box and combine the society membership with Fiftyfifty's futures. Just don't call it a kick starter... I think FL has that one trademarked.

jeblikesbeer likes this.
  13. jmgrub

jmgrub

degardebrewing when are signups for the 2019 Keepers? I feel like your processes will REALLY have hit their stride by then, and I'm just excited at the prospect. Can I lock in the 2013 price for 2019 now?

14. Juice

Juice

I'd love to sign us as well, but only on the condition that Keepers '14 convocations will be sealed with sex magic and will be blood-in, blood-out. If these stipulations can be met I'd literally send you all of my money.

15. degardebrewing

degardebrewing

Memberships for next year will be available in the next couple months. PLEASE don't email, call or message. We'll be posting on Facebook (it's open to a public search) specifics when it happens.
    Thanks guys. Sorry for the delay!

16. w_klon

w_klon

Email SENT and I left a a VM, too. Thanks! ;)

17. degardebrewing

degardebrewing

REPORTED

Dubc, Bobbyk503, Spoonsock and 6 others like this.
  18. lurchingbeast

lurchingbeast

The first 237 envelopes to arrive with $13 cash and $386 in postage affixed to a standard 6 3/4" envelope get in right?

19. OakedCanuck

OakedCanuck

Are you going to give current Keepers first rights to re-up/refusal?

The answer is yes.

20. w_klon

w_klon

FTFY

oregonskibum and jmgrub like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.