De Garde Keeper's Society

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

janky

Reaction score
Sorry if these are dumb questions, but I've been trying to find information on this, and I'm not really turning up much.

I'm curious as to how the Keepers society works - what's included for the $125/yr membership - and when people can enroll?
Also curious how trustee scenarios work (since I have friends who are also interested).

I'm up in Tacoma, WA, but would gladly make a few trips a year to come pick up my beers. And the pricing structure is way better than some 'other' societies.

How does one become a Keeper?

degardebrewing can you shed some light on this? Did I just miss an obvious link somewhere?
btw, we made the trip out for the anniversary party and it was a blast! It was my gf and I's first time getting to try a bunch of your brews, and they were all incredible. Thank you!

Memberships were sold back in December; assuming they continue the program I would expect next year's to go on sale towards the end of this year. Included 8 beers (so far, Lily, the first Imperial Vin Bu, Biere de Garde, and Imperial Plum Bu), a gift (this year was a branded glass not available to the public), and the party. No officially recognized trustees. Some of us do have arrangements with friends / trading partners, but strictly speaking only the person who signed up in person is a member.

Has the glass been released yet?
This is a good question. We were giving glassware for the pre-party, but I did not assume those were the piece of swag mentioned in the membership.

And don't get me wrong, I loved the party! It was a blast, but what happened to the Chenin Blanc Keepers bottle? Nobody informed us of the change. Everybody just had to find out as they looked in their bags

The glassware was the gift, as I believe was stated in the email we sent.

Apologies for the lack of notice on the beer switch. We ended up less than perfectly happy with how the conditioning had progressed on the Chenin Blanc Imperial Bu, so made the difficult last minute decision to switch to Linsey's favorite of the Berliners. I expect the Chenin Bu to mature nicely, so when it meets approval, we will release it, either for sale or as a future Keepers beer.

Memberships were sold back in December; assuming they continue the program I would expect next year's to go on sale towards the end of this year. Included 8 beers (so far, Lily, the first Imperial Vin Bu, Biere de Garde, and Imperial Plum Bu), a gift (this year was a branded glass not available to the public), and the party. No officially recognized trustees. Some of us do have arrangements with friends / trading partners, but strictly speaking only the person who signed up in person is a member.

Well said.

I'm definitely looking forward to the Chenin Blanc when it's ready -- an under-appreciated grape IMO.

After finally having a degardebrewing brewing beer this past week, i'm ready to make a payment now to secure my 2015 Keepers membership. Think outside the box and combine the society membership with Fiftyfifty's futures. Just don't call it a kick starter... I think FL has that one trademarked.

I'd love to sign us as well, but only on the condition that Keepers '14 convocations will be sealed with sex magic and will be blood-in, blood-out. If these stipulations can be met I'd literally send you all of my money.

Memberships for next year will be available in the next couple months. PLEASE don't email, call or message. We'll be posting on Facebook (it's open to a public search) specifics when it happens.
Thanks guys. Sorry for the delay!
The first 237 envelopes to arrive with $13 cash and $386 in postage affixed to a standard 6 3/4" envelope get in right?

Memberships for next year will be available in the next couple months. PLEASE don't email, call or message. We'll be posting on Facebook (it's open to a public search) specifics when it happens.
Thanks guys. Sorry for the delay!

Are you going to give current Keepers first rights to re-up/refusal?

The answer is yes.

Public sale of memberships (should any be remaining after current members renew/sign up) will be on Monday.
We'll be sending out more info on Facebook and our website soon. In the meantime, no messages please. We're kinda getting inundated through every contact method.

well ****, too late to recall my carrier pigeons.

sorry for all the shitting :( kind of their thing though, also you will need to find them a suitable shelter until your return haiku is ready.

Public sale of memberships (should any be remaining after current members renew/sign up) will be on Monday.
We'll be sending out more info on Facebook and our website soon. In the meantime, no messages please. We're kinda getting inundated through every contact method.

I need to report this post and get it pulled homie

So, on Facebook it said you may be trying to offer memberships through the website? I checked the website and there is nothing there - so I'm assuming this won't be a reality by Monday, right? Are we to purchase them at the taproom or the actual brewery facility that's down a few miles?

I'm driving down from Seattle, so hopefully there will be some left. :D

It will be online.
As stated in the post, we'll be sending more information through our website as well as facebook.
The sale will be strictly through brown paper tickets. If there are any left after the current members have the opportunity to sign up, they will go up for sale on monday.

CalmDown5.jpg

So, if anyone is a current keeper or knows the answer, can you name a trustee after you join/pay if you don't have one in advance or even designate one?

So, if anyone is a current keeper or knows the answer, can you name a trustee after you join/pay or even designate one?
I guess you could designate one up front by just paying in their name, but the person who's name it's under gets the benefits, like entry to the party and needs to actually pick up the bottles.

The only confusing thing is the part about Attendee. In short, the rules about trustees haven't changed from last year. You have to be present to pick up bottles. So the Keeper has to be local or you plan to travel here twice a year. Same as before. The difference is now remote people can sign up and pay using the web. But you still have to name the Keeper, ie, the Attendee. The purchaser is not the Keeper, the Attendee is the Keeper. Clear as mud. :)

Oh, so I won't be able use a proxy?

Good thing that I found this out before Monday.

Yes, as in the past, you can.
You just need to name them on the membership.
Hope that helps.

Ill save a bunch of responses here and say that we know this could be easier for trustee situations (where it seems most of the concern is coming from). However, while we are grateful beyond words for our support from outside the state, our first and foremost obligation is to care for our Oregon supporters who purchase the 90some percent of our beer that isn't part of the membership.

If you believe that we haven't put a huge amount forethought, stress and planning into this, or think we dont appreciate the demand and support, you are incredibly wrong. Our situation and size are such that its not a pleasing the majority situation, its trying to disappoint as few as possible.

Cheers.

Yes, as in the past, you can.
You just need to name them on the membership.
Hope that helps.

Ill save a bunch of responses here and say that we know this could be easier for trustee situations (where it seems most of the concern is coming from). However, while we are grateful beyond words for our support from outside the state, our first and foremost obligation is to care for our Oregon supporters who purchase the 90some percent of our beer that isn't part of the membership.

If you believe that we haven't put a huge amount forethought, stress and planning into this, or think we dont appreciate the demand and support, you are incredibly wrong. Our situation and size are such that its not a pleasing the majority situation, its trying to disappoint as few as possible.

Cheers.

Yew da bestest. ;)

Yew da bestest. ;)

Ok, sorry for another question. It is much appreciated.

So, should I have a trustee already set before Monday, as I will need that info for sign-up's? Or will I not need that info until later on down the road?

Just making sure I have my ducks in a row to avoid confusion later on.

Okay one more question. If I bought a membership for myself with a friend's name, would he still be able to buy one for himself?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back