Denver trip coming up

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PubGrubTrub

Reaction score
East Coaster (from NJ) heading to Denver the last week in October for a business trip. I land Monday afternoon, working most of the day Tuesday and then flying out first thing Wednesday. Either way, I hope to have an opportunity or two to hit a few local breweries while I'm out there.

For those who live there or have visited, if you had 2 or 3 places to recommend to an out-of-towner as ones that they absolutely should go to, what would they be?

If you can only hit two or three places then Falling Rock, Great Divide(Barrel Bar) and Crooked Stave. If you have a little more time then since they are close Black Shirt and Epic and perhaps River North but they may be moving when you are here. You could really do this in two hours if you just got a beer or two at each place and didn't **** around too much(good luck doing that). There are a lot of smaller places doing great things by these are real close to one another(CS and GD are across the street from each other) so I would do that. If you have time I think the new Avery place is pretty bad ass and then since you are there OB's Tasty Weasel is close by so hit that then well since you are close Left Hand is right there and then Ft Collins isnt that far...things can get out of hand quickly here.

Southside of Longmont 15min North of Boulder:
Oskar Blues (Tasty Weasel)

In Boulder:
Avery
Upslope
Bru
Wildwoods
Fate Brewing
Twisted Pine
Asher Brewing
Boulder Beer
Sanitas
Mountain Sun or Southern Sun ( If you cant make it to Boulder Vine Street is another location in Denver)

On the Way to Boulder from Denver:
4 Noses - Broomfield
Big Choice - Broomfield
Liquid Mechanics - Lafayette
Odd13 - Lafayette
Gravity Brewing - Louisville
Twelve Degrees - Louisville

Cheers!!!!

Bumping this as I am in Denver Sunday through Wednesday for work. I am hoping to find a good craft beer bar that will have the Stanley Cup playoff game on this Sunday. Any suggestions? Would Freshcraft or Falling Rock fit the bill?

Bumping this as I am in Denver Sunday through Wednesday for work. I am hoping to find a good craft beer bar that will have the Stanley Cup playoff game on this Sunday. Any suggestions? Would Freshcraft or Falling Rock fit the bill?
They both should have TVs going from what I remember.

Falling rock will be your best bet.
Beer battered mushrooms are good.

I'm staying at the Hyatt Regency in Denver near the convention center, any good bottle shops that may have whiskey store picks or good craft beer I can't land in Chicago? No car this time around, but I'm motivated and know how to work Uber. Thanks in advance!

Back