US - Pacific Dionysus Olympus Barrel Society

Discussion in 'Beer Travel, Events and Releases' started by ABSTRACTlegend, Feb 3, 2017.

Help Support TalkBeer Community by donating:

1. Oaklandtraders

Oaklandtraders

My first taste. Didn’t get the best reviews on Untappd but I’m loving this!! Very excited for the rest of the year...

[​IMG]

tosh, ABSTRACTlegend and chemman14 like this.
  2. ABSTRACTlegend

ABSTRACTlegend

had this one recently, my buddy bought it from a taproom/bottle shop. tasted like straight butter. first bad experience I had from them. hoping it was just that bottle.

Oaklandtraders likes this.
  3. ABSTRACTlegend

ABSTRACTlegend

[​IMG]
    "Milkshake Dreams w/ Pineapples - 4 Bottle Limit
    Milkshake Dreams w/ Mangoes - 4 Bottle Limit
    Milkshake Dreams w/ Blueberries - 4 Bottle Limit

Sale ends on March 30th @ 8pm PST.
    $10.00/bottle ($9.00 for members - includes tax+crv)"

you guys picking up any of the milkshakes? $9 seems like a steal to me.

"If you max out, you will be able to fill an entire 12 box shipper.
    We will get ice packs for these to ensure they stay chilled. (We won't charge extra this time around so we can test this method out with our current shippers)"

also thought this was interesting, DIO continuing to go above and beyond for their members!

souredstouts and Oaklandtraders like this.
  4. Oaklandtraders

Oaklandtraders

Sucks to hear about your Funk bottle. Mine was great, and SpentBrain loved the one I sent him..

I grabbed 2 each of the Shakes. Looking forward to them. Now I gotta buy 2 random bottles to fill out my shipper. #memberproblems

ABSTRACTlegend likes this.
  5. chemman14

chemman14

Have your buddy message the brewery, they are really good about making things right and I can confirm that is an isolated incident.

6. ABSTRACTlegend

ABSTRACTlegend

We bottled our Cellador collaboration but are awaiting labels. The second we get the labels we will coordinate with Cellador and get the bottles out to you guys!

[​IMG]

KevSal, Oaklandtraders and chemman14 like this.
  7. Oaklandtraders

Oaklandtraders

ABSTRACTlegend chemman14 either one of you guys order milkshake bottles? I paid for shipping last week per Kyle’s request to have them shipped as fresh as possible but no shipment notification yet. I sent follow up email but still nothing. I’m assuming they’re just backed up with orders??

8. ABSTRACTlegend

ABSTRACTlegend

"We had a mishap with Milkshake Dreams as well. During our Anniversary party, some of the member bottles were mistakenly taken from the member only stack instead of the public stack when we were selling bottles to the public. This resulted in 10 members being affected by this mishap. If you did not receive an e-mail about this, then you are good to go! We are filling fermenters this week and plan on bottling on the April 27th! This will allow us to fulfill members orders on April 30th! If you feel you are affected by this situation and have no received an e-mail from us, please do not hesitate to contact me! I want to make this right for everyone affected by the mishap!"

surprised kyle hasn't emailed you back yet.

I got my bottles last week though. I would def try a follow-up up email just incase.

KevSal, Oaklandtraders and chemman14 like this.
  9. chemman14

chemman14

I didn't order but as ABSTRACTlegend said above they had a note in the last email about them mistakenly selling a stack of milkshake IPA that was set aside for members. They are usually on top of things customer service wise so something may have slipped through the cracks.

10. Oaklandtraders

Oaklandtraders

Yup, just re-read mishap email. I guess I’m one of the 10. Looks like I’m waiting until the end of April for bottles, which is fine by me.

KevSal, chemman14 and ABSTRACTlegend like this.
  11. ABSTRACTlegend

ABSTRACTlegend

[​IMG]
    stoked for this one as well

Oaklandtraders and chemman14 like this.
  12. ABSTRACTlegend

ABSTRACTlegend

[​IMG]
    finally that cellador collab dropped. You guys get any of those barrel aged beans?

souredstouts and Oaklandtraders like this.
  13. ABSTRACTlegend

ABSTRACTlegend

also did any of you guys purchase those IPAs recently. what did you guys think?

14. chemman14

chemman14

Not a huge coffee fan but definitely bought 2 of those bottles. Want more but a made a pact to myself to get max 2 of any release. Really need to downsize my cellar and the 2 of each thing is starting to work lol.

15. Oaklandtraders

Oaklandtraders

Was on the fence about the coffee but opted not to in the end. Might reconsider with later releases.

Didn't order any of the the latest IPA drops. Milkshakes were decent, but I'm kinda hopped out at the moment.

I like that 2 bottle max rule, although I bought 4 of the Entropicals. I need to drink down the cellar also.

16. ABSTRACTlegend

ABSTRACTlegend

The newest IPAs were not good. Ended drain pouring the cloud one. Looked like sewer water and tasted worse. Def not buying anymore IPAs from him

KevSal and Oaklandtraders like this.
  17. chemman14

chemman14

I usually break this rule for the Berliners and get 3, I mean it's hard not to for $10.40 a damn bottle. Those don't go in the cellar anyway so it works haha.

18. ABSTRACTlegend

ABSTRACTlegend

32oz. Crowler Fills - Limited time!

Abstract Thoughts (14.13%) - This is our American Barleywine aged in Woodford Reserve Double Oak barrels for 19 months. There was no adjuncts used in this beer as the barrel speak volumes for this beautiful strong ale. Tasting notes: mocha, oat, slight caramel, vanilla, and a touch of warmth from the high ABV.

Crowlers: $23.00/can (includes tax+crv& 10% membership discount)

Limit: 2 cans per member (These bottles will be on the online store until November 9th @ 12pm)
    Juicesicle (6.0%) - We whipped up a kettle sour that was brewed with lactose, a perfect amount of vanilla, black currants, and blueberries! This is a perfect night cap beer or if you want to pair it with something very rich for dessert!

Crowlers: $14.40/can (includes tax+crv& 10% membership discount)

Limit: 3 bottles per member (These bottles will be on the online store until November 9th @ 12pm)

these are the times i wish i could try before i buy, dammit

KevSal likes this.
  19. KevSal

KevSal Supremium Porter Contributor

i dunno man with a name Abstract Thoughts, you kinda have to pull the trigger lol

id love to try it if you're only nabbing one! sounds amazing

20. Oaklandtraders

Oaklandtraders

Damn, $23 a crowed tho... :confused: