Driving through michigan

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

howopeeps

Reaction score
Next sunday will be driving through Michigan from Cleveland all the way up to canada. Looking for good bottle shops or brewery to stop at. Thinking of old nation. Just want to make sure they got cans

Next sunday will be driving through Michigan from Cleveland all the way up to canada. Looking for good bottle shops or brewery to stop at. Thinking of old nation. Just want to make sure they got cans
Where are you going in Canada?

Do you plan on bringing the beer into Canada? You are allowed to bring a case, but that then raises the question of "what is a case?". Is it a store bought case, or a collective case? If you find out or succeed, please update. Because Canada can be a real time saver if I ever go to Vermont.

I brought a case of 16 oz can into canada. They asked if I had any beer and said no. No problems.
giphy.gif

Do you plan on bringing the beer into Canada? You are allowed to bring a case, but that then raises the question of "what is a case?". Is it a store bought case, or a collective case? If you find out or succeed, please update. Because Canada can be a real time saver if I ever go to Vermont.
I think you can bring more but you have to declare it and pay a tax. I've brought back cases of ice wine, regular wine, beer, and booze from Canada without issue but I don't know how much different it is going into Canada. I've only been harassed once when I just went across the border for a bottle of scotch. And that was more because the dude was a total dick than anything else.

Now that I think about it, I've never been asked much of anything going from MI into Canada. Usually just a "where are you from" and "how long will you be here".

Back