Driving to Ft.lauderdale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TomTwanks1

Reaction score
Hey folks,
I will be driving from Columbus, OH to Ft. Lauderdale this upcoming Friday into Saturday. I was wondering if there are any particular beers I should know about to pick up/growler up with, if where.We will be staying at Holiday Inn Express, really close to a place called Tap 42 in which we will be dining.

I know funky Buddha has a release 11/7 but I will not be able to go there until 11/16.

Any input it greatly appreciated.
Cheers,
Tom

i was down it ft lauderdale a few months ago and went to a place called laser wolf. it was awesome.
http://laserwolf.com
guys were cool as hell, there was a ccb takeover when i went. would definitely recommend.

Tap 42 and laserwolf are both less than 10 minutes away from us! Any recommendations on bottle shops? Would love to get some CCB amongst others not distributed around OH

I only went to Total Wine while I was there--picked up a case of "old" wake n bake for 24 bucks! normal ccb stuff--jai alai, maduro, some other stuff we don't get up here. i don't think there's a great selection of bottle shops, but total wine is pretty massive.

Total Wine & ABC Liquors are great. ABC tends to have a better CCB selection, IMHO (at least the one at US-1 between Oakland Park Blvd & Sunrise Blvd).

Definitely make sure to stop at Funky Buddha's new place in Oakland Park. It's awesome.

I've done NJ to FL a couple of times. Just throwing this out there, but you might consider taking 75 instead of 95. Wouldn't add that much to your drive in the grand scheme of things. 75 would take you through Cincinnati, Lexington, Atlanta and Tampa on your way to Fort Lauderdale. 95 takes you through Charlotte, and, uh, Jacksonville. I don't know what your plans or schedule restrictions are, but I'd rather 18 hours broken up by some great stops than 17 straight hours of nothingness.

If you did take that route through Tampa, I'd highly recommend swinging out and visiting 7venth Sun in Dunedin after you hit CCB.

I've done NJ to FL a couple of times. Just throwing this out there, but you might consider taking 75 instead of 95. Wouldn't add that much to your drive in the grand scheme of things. 75 would take you through Cincinnati, Lexington, Atlanta and Tampa on your way to Fort Lauderdale. 95 takes you through Charlotte, and, uh, Jacksonville. I don't know what your plans or schedule restrictions are, but I'd rather 18 hours broken up by some great stops than 17 straight hours of nothingness.

If you did take that route through Tampa, I'd highly recommend swinging out and visiting 7venth Sun in Dunedin after you hit CCB.

This.

And if you do end up doing this, hit me up and I'll try to meet up with you.

I will be in FLL this weekend, sounds like total wine is the place to hit up.

Last edited:
Back