Durango/Cortez

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blue_bleeder

Reaction score
All my CO brothers - anyone been down there? I am heading down tomorrow for the weekend (daughter has state swim meet). Interested in anything I should definitely hit and or buy (beer wise). Already panning on going to Mesa Verde and 4 corners.

Cheers,

Barry

Barry you will want to hit Star Liquor for bottles. Sometimes they are stocked full with stuff that flies off the shelf on the front range, other times they are a little light. But definitely worth a stop either way.

El Moro has a great tap list, albeit small. Some gems in their cellar that get put on from time to time. Amazing cocktails too. They do things right.

Then the breweries- there is 5 of them. Ska is a cool place, if you like their beer go check it out. Steamworks will have a sour and a iipa on nitro that are legit, among others. Carvers makes very good beer. Steamworks and Carvers are both family friendly and serve good food.

That's all Durango stuff. Not a whole lot going on in Cortez beer wise.

Oh and 4 corners is not much more than a quick novelty. Cool to say you've done it, but you may find it a bit disappointing.

Thanks Mark! I'm at Steamworks right now. Pretty good beer. Damn looking wait for food....

Nice! Glad you enjoyed that nitro conductor. So damn smooth.

Bummer no sour.

What else you plan on hitting?

What else you plan on hitting?

No idea. Now it's going to be about daughter and swim meet. I hit Riff Raff in Pagosa on the way in. Solid beers. Very impressed. Got a tour from one of the owners. Small set up but they are concentrating on good beer and I thought they were succeeding. We are going to be going to Mesa Verde in a few. Going to try and get back to Durango this evening if I can. Maybe just get some bottles or growlers.

Monday in Albuquerque and La Cumbre....

Back