Early Glassware Retirement Thread (another one bites the dust)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CheapBeerBuzz

Reaction score
So, us glassware whores really get caught up in our stupid glasses. Just filling a glassware cabinet over the weekend for the first time, I was bound to lose a friend. This one is sad as I had actually never broken a glass of my own and I had never even used this guy. See below:
15%2B-%2B1

15%2B-%2B2

Making matters worse, this was a gift from a trading partner and friend, xpimptastikx. Rest in piece homo-erotic Jester King/Praire "Un" Natural Union glass...

I figured that we could start a thread for the lost soldiers here, in the hopes of reaching some closure for our fallen brethren amidst our fellow glass hoarders.

I smashed a Dogfish IPA glass at Goodwill today while I was looking through their LP records. No big loss, but I was kinda bummed since I've been wanted to try one of those glasses for a while now.

Didnt take any pics but I broke a DFH spiegelau ipa glass last night. It was sitting beside the sink for a few days because I loath cleaning it. That dildo shape plus my freakish larger than necessary hands always makes for a bad time. I tried to force 2 fingers and a wash cloth into her and I guess I pushed too hard because it snapped and 2 large chunks broke off. All things considered, im ****ing lucky I didnt cut myself.

I wasnt mad, in fact it gave me a bit of pleasure knowing thats 1 less stupid shaped glass I dont need to worry about cleaning (or not cleaning and sitting out.)

Didnt take any pics but I broke a DFH spiegelau ipa glass last night. It was sitting beside the sink for a few days because I loath cleaning it. That dildo shape plus my freakish larger than necessary hands always makes for a bad time. I tried to force 2 fingers and a wash cloth into her and I guess I pushed too hard because it snapped and 2 large chunks broke off. All things considered, im ****ing lucky I didnt cut myself.

I wasnt mad, in fact it gave me a bit of pleasure knowing thats 1 less stupid shaped glass I dont need to worry about cleaning (or not cleaning and sitting out.)

I use this to wash all my glasses:
http://www.target.com/p/scotch-brit...4753617#prodSlot=medium_1_25&term=scrub+brush

huQPb9CO-a_2bkimjjhSlF447J-0jfZA782wvETjUV2WFMeJTUpjMIUc-LUIgA-0SAgfJA=w1440-h900-rw-no

A really sad day for me. I know, I know. Mikkeller is crappy. They just happen to hold a special place in my heart, especially the SF Bar. ISO in the trading thread coming soon.

Honestly don't even know how I dropped it, but it was in slow motion the entire drop.

This sucks...my boy blue, justforrazors sends me two boxes of beer and glassware and I have a fallen soldier before I even get a chance to break her in:
hphbVKO2d5nlZ7EGDtX3PeU-WhZ4OFXhVrMQNXV0MSuUtYMymzUEob1STDYaL3rGKXH8PXf7B5A=w1440-h900-rw-no

Such a strange break. Suffice to say I am looking for a replacement and can swap other HF tasters or other glassware in general.

my wife smoked my large de struise cervoise last night while doing the dishes. she was more upset about having to tell me than i was about it. that made me realize how many glasses i have and how much i just dont care about proper glassware anymore. i think its time to thin the herd

My first glass broken had to be my go-to Sante Adairius glass. I gave it a quick rinse last night and was shaking the water out of it a little too close to the counter. I guess that gives me an excuse to go to the brewery this week...

Unfortunately making a contribution to this thread tonight.

My go to glass. If anyone has any of these old logo Kane glasses they don't mind parting with let me know.

that made me realize how many glasses i have and how much i just dont care about proper glassware anymore. i think its time to thin the herd

This. I have 30-40 useless glasses that I've been trying to figure out how to move. Someone make myglasscellarcollectiblesrazzledump.com pls.

Unfortunately making a contribution to this thread tonight.

My go to glass. If anyone has any of these old logo Kane glasses they don't mind parting with let me know.
Ouch....I had 2 of these up until a few months ago when I gave away one to my friend. I love the OG logo...still need a mini sniffy with that on it.

Back